Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Yet Another Portal ( YAPortal ) (Read 2242 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADDON] Yet Another Portal ( YAPortal )

It has now actually turned more into a Portal Modification so I have renamed it to YAPortal.

Original Post is below;

QuoteI couldn't find an exisiting Article System for Elkarte other than Simple Portal, I did initially start with porting TinyPortal but then took a while working how to work out how to get a FrontPage post, so ended up just making a Article System.

It's no where near finished, I couldn't work out how to get the SCEditor to integrate so just used a simple basic lightweight one called pell.

I need to add the option to add new categories, comments and a seperate page when you click on a article, along with splitting out the text into text files rather than inline.

But it's got some basic functionality. If there is any interest then I'll develop it some more.

You can download the latest copy from here; https://github.com/tinoest/YAPortal/archive/master.zip
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:50:27 pm by tino

Re: [ADDON] ElkArticles

Reply #1

Looks very interesting ... pell is kind of cool as a light editor as well !

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – Looks very interesting ... pell is kind of cool as a light editor as well !

Thanks!

It's not bad, offers a decent amount of functionality as well.. I'll probably get it so you can choose SCEditor or pell.

Reply #3

Updated to allow you to start to add categories and delete categories / articles.

Still very much in the early stages of development.