Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155576 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #390

Oh boy, critical security fixes on 1.1.2 and I can't upgrade until this addon is fixed. :(

Reply #391

I already did, and it didn't break this addon.

Reply #393

Are you using 1.0 beta 2, the latest release, instead of the one from 2015 that's linked in the first post of the topic?

Reply #394

Yes, I removed all addons, upgraded to 1.1.1, and reinstalled the addons.  SimplePortal gets messed up after the upgrade.  Tested 1.1.2 upgrade today and the dev version of this addon.  I get in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given on the portal page.
Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:52:11 pm by txcas

Reply #395

I found the problem, the Member Info block is broken.

Reply #396

Oh, right, the portal breakage. I was experiencing portal breakage as early as 1.1.1, which I upgraded to from 1.0.10. Breakage includes the mere existence of trying to display the full forum list on the portal index, which I don't want, and the fact that said forum list attaches to the bottom of the central column, but doesn't fill just the central column, but instead the entire width of the page. I assumed this was just the portal add-on's fault, and never looked into trying to fix it. I also considered updating the forum more important than the minor consideration of cosmetic bugs or theme consistency.

Reply #397

The dev version is definitely broken in many places.  Among other things, enabling the portal changes the recent post button to display the portal page.  Anyone willing to fix this addon for a fee?

Reply #398

Quote from: kode54 – Are you using 1.0 beta 2, the latest release, instead of the one from 2015 that's linked in the first post of the topic?

Where can I get 1.0 beta 2 (or later if it exists)?
Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:35:52 pm by b4pjoe

Reply #399

Quote from: emanuele – Provided:
  • I'm a disaster with CSS
  • what I'm suggesting may or may not work
  • there may be an easier way to achieve the same

You may try changing:
Code: [Select]
<div id="sp_center_top" class="sp_main_cell">
to:
Code: [Select]
<div id="sp_center_top" class="sp_main_cell" '
, !empty($modSettings['rightwidth']) || !empty($modSettings['leftwidth']) ? ' style="width: calc(100% - ' . (!empty($modSettings['rightwidth']) ? $modSettings['rightwidth'] . 'px - 20px' : '0') . ' - ' .
(!empty($modSettings['leftwidth']) ? $modSettings['leftwidth'] . 'px - 20px' : '0') . ')"', '>
in Portal.template.php.

It MAY work.

I have just upgraded to 1.1.3 and I have managed to get SimplePortal installed without any errors. But my forum is not displaying between the left and/or right blocks. It drops all the way down underneath the left and right blocks. I tried the above fix but when I replace the code above in Portal.template.php I get this error and the forum does not display. I did also make the change in portal.css shown in emanuele's follow up post to the one above. Any ideas on how to resolve this portal issue?

Edited to add a screenshot of what I am talking about:

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 7.06.02 PM.png

Reply #400

Doing some work on this to get the issues reported fixed.  Right now I have addressed the following:

• Fixed :: "in_array expects parameter 2" which I think only occurred from the user info block
  • Fixed :: "the [cutoff] tag is displayed on topic view."
  • Updated :: the seldom looked at SP information page, but it now pulls from github instead of SP.net.  Also fixed its format
  • Fixed :: Missing menu icon on forum button
  • Mixed up front page :: Due to not setting the front page controller during install.  You would see the portal blocks and then also an inline version of the forum listing jambed in place.  Disabling SP as the front page and enabling it again fixed that for me so I've updated the install to do that as well.  Note this was only a fix for when the portal was used as the frontpage
  • Fixed :: default theme thumbnail not showing in theme select block
  • Updated :: Several small things that were not noticeable anyway

I'm currently working on the overall "block" layout issues.  In the 1.1 version I had dropped the dated table layout and changed everything to divs.  This worked great when used only as a front page but when you started adding blocks wherever you wanted on whatever page you desired, well things did not work / look as intended.

I see two solutions for this ...
1) one is the use of display: table / table row on the divs.  This kind of turns them back into tables but they are divs ... call it a stepping stone.   Good in that it will work with all browsers, bad in that its still basically a none responsive table layout.
2) convert over to a flex layout.  This should allow the most fluid / responsive layout but does leave some browsers out .. I think ie10 and maybe ie11 will have some issues.

If anyone has other ideas (or has other issues not posted here) let me know.

Reply #401

Where can one get the latest with those fixes?

Reply #403

Quote from: Spuds – I just pushed the current fixes (as above) to the development branch on GitHub.   https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/tree/development

Fresh install of Elkarte 1.1.3 with Simple Portal from the link above. Portal set to 'Integration'. Boards still drop down below left/right blocks. See attached image.

Reply #404

Set the portal mode to disabled .. save .. set it back to integration ... save

Is it still broken at that point ?