Skip to main content
Topic: Phantom redirect (Read 6051 times) previous topic - next topic

Phantom redirect

I noticed a forced redirect after am addon is installed or uninstalled in Elk 1.1. That confused me for awhile.
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Re: Phantom redirect

Reply #1

To where?
I remember I had in mind to have the redirect back to the addons list as a default, but ATM I don't remember if I added it or not... xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

QuoteI remember I had in mind to have the redirect back to the addons list as a default,
Yes,  that's it.

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – I remember I had in mind to have the redirect back to the addons list as a default, but ATM I don't remember if I added it or not... xD
I think that is default right?

Reply #4

Yep, in 1.1 I changed it like that because it seemed more... "natural"?
But apparently it is not?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

My addons are set to redirect to addon's settings or permission. I guess this will be applied only to addons that do not set redirect?

By the way, can our package manager have a sorting based on installed date and time feature?

Reply #6

Quote from: ahrasis – My addons are set to redirect to addon's settings or permission. I guess this will be applied only to addons that do not set redirect?
Yep, I'm pretty sure it it like that. :P

Quote from: ahrasis – By the way, can our package manager have a sorting based on installed date and time feature?
IIRC it is already possible in the "installed packages" page.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

I actually couldn't test that because all of my addons have issues when I try to install them in 1.1 b1 last time. Will do if I have time, but personally I always prefer auto redirect to the list unless the addon redirect elsewhere.

By the way, how long is the time before it is automatically redirect, 5 seconds?

Reply #8

Guess so.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Yes, 5s.

Quote from: emanuele – Yep, in 1.1 I changed it like that because it seemed more... "natural"?
But apparently it is not?
Nahhh, is fine. I  like it this way. This is now just a documentation issue IMO.

Reply #10

emanuele wonders what documentation is... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

dead trees. lol :D