Skip to main content
Topic: "@mention" not stable (Read 2924 times) previous topic - next topic

"@mention" not stable

Hi Elkarte team,
I really don't know if this is a bug. At times, my '@' works and sometimes it doesn't. I also have the Dropdown mention enabled, could this be the problem?

But I see it works on this forum

Re: "@mention" not stable

Reply #1

are you using the 1.0.10 version or 1.1 version?
On 1.0 version it's not perfect, but it does the job, it has some problems woth usernames with spaces. This was already reported
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

ohh, I use v1.0.10

Reply #3

Spaces and some characters are still an issue I think
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

yeah! But it works fine using drop down mention mod. Could you help me with that?

Reply #5

So, the first thing to understand is when it works and when it doesn't.
Does it not work only when you mention a specific user?
Does it not work with a certain browser?
Something else?

Also, even before that, let's please define when does "not work" exactly mean (I'm not joking, we are talking about a feature that consists of ... 4 to 5 steps and the failure may be in any of them, so describe exactly what the issue you are experiencing is. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

lolz, it doesn't work on opera mini. But on chrome

Reply #7

hmm... I dare to say it's not unexpected to have issues with opera mini.
I'd have no idea where to start from to understand what the issue is. :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

BTW, I've been reading a tiny bit about Opera Mini and other similar browsers and I feel we do not have the resources to claim to support them.
We try to provide a forum software that works with javascript disabled (that is the only safe assumption you can do about these "mini" browsers), but in some cases, in order to preserve our own sanity (well, at least what's left after having to deal with Selenium LOL), this is not really possible (e.g. the recent introduction of the agreement language selector) without much more work.

Of course, if anyone wants to pick up the challenge and provide features that work entirely without javascript, if the result doesn't include a ton more of support to be kept alive, I'd be very happy to have them! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Opera Mini is a fantastic product but nowadays you're often better off with Opera Turbo enabled in regular Opera or using a data compressing proxy on any random browser. Heck, Opera even offers something they call Opera Max to do basically just that.

Quote from: emanuele – (e.g. the recent introduction of the agreement language selector) without much more work.
Being stuck with English isn't the worst thing, although it potentially sets a dangerous precedent. :P

Reply #10

Actually the one registering would be stuck (hopefully) with the default language of the forum (the same as now).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.