Skip to main content
Topic: jquery-1.10.2.min.map Not found (when jQuery source set to local) (Read 6404 times) previous topic - next topic

jquery-1.10.2.min.map Not found (when jQuery source set to local)

Noticed this on my test install in the chrome developer tools. 

The requested URL /elktest/themes/default/scripts/jquery-1.10.2.min.map was not found on this server.

Indeed that file is not in themes/default/scripts. 

If I switch the "Source for the jQuery Library" setting to Google CDN from local this goes away.  Should this file be included in the theme?

Re: jquery-1.10.2.min.map Not found (when jQuery source set to local)

Reply #1

Confirmed, I've seen this in chrome developer tools, too.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

This is because query required a source map file until recently. Make sure to update it to the latest version pair. Plus, it's faster. :)

Reply #3

QuoteCompressed and uncompressed copies of jQuery files are available. The uncompressed file is best used during development or debugging; the compressed file saves bandwidth and improves performance in production. You can also download a sourcemap file for use when debugging with a compressed file. The map file is not required for users to run jQuery, it just improves the developer's debugger experience. As of jQuery 1.11.0/2.1.0 the // sourceMappingURL comment is not included in the compressed file.

So this error only shows up when you are running the dev console in Chrome,, to get rid of that you need to download jquery-1.10.2.min.map 

Quote from: Nao – This is because query required a source map file until recently. Make sure to update it to the latest version pair. Plus, it's faster. :)
You mean the 2.x branch or 1.11 ?

Reply #4

Both! I use 1.x for ie<9 and 2.x otherwise.

Reply #5

Was this fixed?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

There is nothing for use to fix really ...

We could update the min jquery package to 1.11 which simply does not log that message to the console.  Thats likely safe to do, but I've never liked being on a .0 of jquery.

Or for those using chrome dev tools with earlier versions of minimized jquery packages, they need to have the map file to debug jquery errors (or rename a non minimized jquery as .min.js for their local install)

Reply #7

Oh, okay, then: --> exterminated
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Did you update jQuery to 1.11, though..? Because otherwise, it's not exterminated. ;)

Reply #9

Elk should be shipped in a "production state" (yeah, I know there is debug stuff all over the place), debug is not part of the production (yes, you could argue it could be removed before prepare the package), so not a real issue (of course always to me, if anyone else feels like add the map is important I have no objections merging the PR). ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

map doesn't matter. It really doesn't. It only matters to those who are proficient enough with JS that they actually help fixing jQuery bugs. (Because there are always small bugs here and there. I helped fix a couple, but shh!!)

So, no, it's not a problem, but 1.11 is the latest stable, so it should be in use. (The latest unstable is 1.11.1 beta 1, or something. I'm not even using it in Wedge... The 1.11 beta period took too long, I'm staying away from betas for some time!)