Skip to main content
Topic: enablePreviousNext (Read 5022 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: enablePreviousNext

Reply #15

That sounds like something that I needed.

Reply #16

I thought the conclusion was to remove the prev/next feature in general not the option to enable/disable it.  This has now effectively turned it on by default in the default themes.  What does previous/next mean?  It depends on the sorting order and context the person was viewing before they entered the topic.  Were they coming from unread posts?  The topic index of a board?  The forum index?  That was why I said it seems broken in general and thought Ema agreed.

Reply #17

You don't even have it turned on by default here.

For my part, I don't really care about it too much. I never use them.

Reply #18

@scripple, we could do that but this is in response to the first post.

If we did what you're suggesting, I think people would want a mod and I don't feel like making a mod. It's pretty simple to do, but that just means another repo and more stuff I'd have to track.

Reply #19

Then just leave it how it is so it can be disabled.  As Eliana points out it's not even used here.

Reply #20

I see the links. If you want to disable it, just remove it from the theme and nobody will use it.

I can remove it completely but I want to get an okay from @emanuele and @Spuds (and @TE if he's around)

Reply #21

Now that you mention it scouring the page I see them up at the top of the page of posts on the light theme.  Figured they would be at the bottom as that's more likely when I would want to go to another post.  Either way I still vote for disabling it entirely or failing that leaving the option to disable them.

Reply #22

I guess it comes down to if we want to have it be "enabled" by an addon.

If so then the easiest would be to make it theme settings thing at the top of index.template.   I don't think there would be an easy way via addon to enable it in the default theme without that (it would however be easy to add in a custom theme).

Reply #23

This is a feature I use fairly often in many forums.

The only thing that worries me is if the addon is only maintained by a 3rd party. If its something produced and maintained by the elkarte team then go for it, rip it outta the core lol. Less is more :)