Skip to main content
Topic: Migration from Kunena (Joomla plugin) to ElkArte possible? (Read 3247 times) previous topic - next topic

Migration from Kunena (Joomla plugin) to ElkArte possible?

For a possbile project in the future the question pops in mind: Is there any way to migrate posts from a Kunena board (it's a Joomla plugin) into an existing ElkArte forum?

I know there would be issues with the post IDs which could be doubled. Maybe use different boards could be a solution?

Re: Migration from Kunena (Joomla plugin) to ElkArte possible?

Reply #1

I'm not sure a plugin exists to convert from Kunena to Elk... Maybe you have to run an intermediate SMF and then convert it again? I can't seem to find a Kunena to SMF, maybe @emanuele knows better?
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

No, at the moment Kunena is not on the list of available "sources".
And going the SMF-way may not be enough either (I think it depends on the Kunena version).

If the project has not tight deadlines, I'd be interested in coding the converter, but most likely only after 1.1 beta release, not before. :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – And going the SMF-way may not be enough either (I think it depends on the Kunena version).
True, but at least there is a chance :)

Reply #4

I'm pretty sure there is a converter from kunena to smf, but I don't remember which was the last version  supported of kunena.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

[SMF - Converter] Kunena 3.0

Current Kunena version is Version  4.0.3

Regards Stephan

Reply #6

You could ask margarett to update it...

Reply #7

Thank you all very much! First I have to find out which Kunena version there is. But great there is an importer. Can't be too difficult to update it to work with the used Kunena version.

Reply #8

Quote from: Jorin – Thank you all very much! First I have to find out which Kunena version there is. But great there is an importer. Can't be too difficult to update it to work with the used Kunena version.
Not necessarily, it depends on if and how they changed stuff in the db...

Reply #9

I don't think there were any changes.

Kunena 1.5.12 | 2010-06-19 | 1897 [ Calificar ]

For messages UddeIM is used, along with CommunityBuilder and some other plugins.

Reply #10

Well, if they didn't change anything in the db, it could work. And there is only one way to find out :P