Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1 beta 4 - Release announcement (Read 10206 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.1 beta 4 - Release announcement

The ElkArte Community is pleased to announce that the fourth beta release of ElkArte 1.1 is now available. This beta release is made available to allow a broad user base to test and evaluate the first minor update of ElkArte but is not recommended for production use at this stage.

In order to help us release ElkArte, users of the beta release are encouraged to report any bugs, issues or errors at our GitHub Issue Tracker.

If you are nervous about reporting bugs through the formal bug reporting system, you can simply report your issues to our user community at ElkArte.net.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on this beta release of ElkArte!

Download the package from:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases/tag/v1.1.0-beta.4

Some recommendations
Starting from 1.1 the install and upgrade packages have been unified, so the same package will be used for both install a new forum and upgrade an existing previous version of ElkArte (e.g. 1.0).
As usual, do not try to upgrade a live forum, as stated earlier this is a development version, so you should use it for testing only. Of course if you are mad brave enough to use it live... well pay attention it can have bugs. The amount  is currently not sure.

Some instruction
  • Upgrading from 1.0: in this case, overwrite all the files with those in the package of the release, run install/upgrade.php and enjoy the new version.
  • Updating from previous beta: unzip the package, overwrite all the files of your testing forum with the new ones, delete the install directory, and enjoy the new version.

NOTE: if you either overwrite a 1.0 or a previous 1.1 beta, please remember to delete the file Markasread.controller.php from the /sources/controllers/ directory. But do not delete Markread.controller.php.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.1 beta 4 - Release announcement

Reply #1

Woot !  ;D

Reply #2

I think it will be best if a user uninstall all of his addons before his upgrade though that may not be necessary in most cases.

Reply #3

QuoteIf you are nervous
I'm never nervous. :P

live627 sweats bullets
 live627 gets hit by a missile
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #4

It's really looking good and is easily one of the best forum softwares to use on the iPad.

Reply #5

Congrats!

Reply #6

Where changelog.txt?
Sorry for my English

Reply #7

Never kept a changelog.
I barely fill a list of commits for micro-releases (if I have time, that is), otherwise there is the repo and the issue tracker.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Once they push beta 4, I'll keep a list of changelog ;)

Reply #9

Do you think 1.1b4 is ready to use? With SMF I always used the RCs for my production sites without bigger problems. What do you think about ElkArte? Should I wait for the first RC or can I use the b4? Is there a RC1 available?

Reply #10

Quote from: Jorin – Do you think 1.1b4 is ready to use? With SMF I always used the RCs for my production sites without bigger problems. What do you think about ElkArte? Should I wait for the first RC or can I use the b4? Is there a RC1 available?
Release candidates are post-beta, when all known (blocking) bugs have been fixed. The GitHub issues tracker can help show you the blockers: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%221.1+RC+1%22

So if those aren't blockers for you personally, have at it. But I'd definitely make sure your backups are in order! ;)

PS It looks quite ready from what quick testing I've done.

Reply #11

Thank you. The only problem I see is the one with the active reports. My members do report posts sometimes. So maybe it's better to wait till this is fixed.

Reply #12

That actually was not a bug but a feature I misunderstood. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

What's the behavior exactly? I have one report in "Old reports" and none that are open. I guess they weren't imported from SMF because there used to be a whole bunch of 'em. I didn't care and didn't check if they were carried over.

Reply #14

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2856

dismissed = no more new reports about that post
closed = report taken care of

I thought dismissing a report was going to close it immediately, instead they are two separated actions.
That's all.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.