Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Quick Quote (Read 12991 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADDON] Quick Quote

You will love this script, even though it's a hackish port of my SMF quick quote script, which in turn is a never properly dusted off port from a once much better UserJS. The Quick Quote button allows you to select just some text in a reaction for quoting, as opposed to having to bother with editing your quotes later on. Detection of BBC is imperfect, especially at this early stage. Perhaps an entirely different approach is warranted, but carpe diem. Release early, release often, as the kids say.

You can always find the latest version on GitHub.
https://github.com/Frenzie/elk-quick-quote/releases

Re: [ADDON] Quick Quote

Reply #1

Nice add on.

Reply #2

I fixed it up a bunch this afternoon so that more BB codes are properly detected.

Reply #3

Addon don't work with wysiwyg quick reply. Please help, how can to fix it.

Reply #4

Download the version at:
https://github.com/Frenzie/elk-quick-quote/archive/master.zip
Maybe, download it to your computer and then change its name to elk-quick-quote-dev.zip and finally upload it.

ETA: and don't forget o uninstall and delete the previous version. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Works! Thank you very much,  for helping me!  ;D

Reply #6

I added a v0.3 tag to include that fix. I meant to add more fixes first but I guess I never got around to it. :)

Edit: oh drat, I forgot to update the version in the XML file though. Meh, later. xD

Reply #7

lol

emanuele knows the feeling. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

How are you @Frenzie ? Not seen much these days. I love you plugin ideas, you know ? :D

Reply #9

I'm good, @meetdilip thanks. How about you? I'm busy with several things, including Important Life Decisions™ and summer. :) Bought a new mattress and some new curtains today.

Reply #11

I forgot to mention I installed this addon a few months ago and I really love it, and also my users have appreciated this addon.

Congrats @Frenzie‍ and thanks for sharing this nice addon!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

You're welcome! :)

Reply #13

I installed this addon version 0.3  using compatibility mode on 1.1 RC2 version, it installs without errors, but there is no Quick quote button.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #14

I ran into a hiccup while trying to upgrade from 1.1 RC1 to RC2.
QuotePlease be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "" (0 of )

Database Updates Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.
And continue is unclickable. Probably no surprise with the 0 of nothing. It's probably/hopefully just something messed up about my testing install, although I think that except installing beta 4 and upgrading it to rc1 while porting Stop Spammer to Elk I didn't really do much with it.

Anyway, the problem is about the hackish way the username is detected atm, which might also break across themes. I suppose I could patch that up quickly and say the new version is only compatible with 1.1.