Skip to main content
Topic: Current github version results in 500 error (Read 4810 times) previous topic - next topic

Current github version results in 500 error

php7, vanilla download, unzip, and upload results in a 500 error.    :P

Re: Current github version results in 500 error

Reply #1

Please check your server and/or php error logs and see what it tripped over.  There should be an obvious error in them for a 500.

Thanks!

Reply #2

Sorry, was moar interested in restoring a backup on a production site. Then the outcome of the Pittsburg game.   ;D ;D

Anywho, I think this is the correct place in the log.   ;)

QuoteStack trace:
#0 /var/www/clients/.../web/sources/subs/Errors/Errors.php(298): ElkArte\Themes\ThemeLoader->__construct()
#1 /var/www/clients/.../web/sources/subs/Errors/ErrorHandler.php(167): ElkArte\Errors\Errors->_setup_fatal_ErrorContext('Class 'ElkArte\\...', 0)
#2 [internal function]: ElkArte\Errors\ErrorHandler->exception_handler(Object(Error))
#3 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/clients/.../web/sources/subs/Themes/ThemeLoader.php on line 429" while reading response header from upstream, client: IPaddy, server: xx.com, request: "GET /index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9011", host: "www.xx.com"

Reply #3

You mean the development version @badmonkey?[1]
Release version of 1.1.0 and then the patch for 1.1.1 is working fine for me.

Reply #4

Yes. I was behind a few commits. The plan was to upload the current development, then apply the patch. Was this incorrect?

Reply #5

I think the patch is meant for 1.1.0 and not the development version. I also got error when using development version, so I override it with 1.1.0 then I use 1.1.1 patch. So far this work for me.

Reply #6

development is already behind 1.1, it's what will become 2.0 (and it may be broken).
master is the stable version (that right now is 1.1.1).
master was 1.0 until before 1.1 was released, then it switched to 1.1 and.
development was 1.1 until 1.1 was released, then it switched back to "real" development for the next version.

So, what do you have now and what do you want to do? :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

A little help if you got lost...

lost.png

Reply #8

Not sure why 2.0 goes to the trash bin, though. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

You said so.  :D

Reply #10

xD

BTW this is the original article about the branching model:
http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – So, what do you have now and what do you want to do? :P

I want to enjoy life as much as possible, hopefully with friends who will as well. Regarding elk, I think that clears it up.  lol.

Seriously, staying up on the latest code fixes is desirable here. So the Development branch should be ignored until it becomes 2.0, or at least not comingled with 1.1.x?

Reply #12

LOL

You should keep up  with master, that's the most stable up-to-date version. Anything else may provide you surprises along with novelties. xD
And next time a 1.1.x is needed (i.e. 1.1.2) a new branch "patch_1-1-2" will be created, at that point you may want to peek there to have the "edge of the stable" (i.e. a sort of beta :P).
I hope it makes sense because I'm pretty much sleeping right now so I'm not sure what I'm writing. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Just use the release version for your live sites @badmonkey. No need to rush for the one that is not yet released, whether there is some new fixes or not.

The unreleased version can be used on any of your test sites.

Reply #14

That would be the intelligent thing to do. But what fun is that? ;D  Then, there is the internal dialogue. Imagine the cartoon angel on one side, devil on the other. "No, it isn't safe yet". "Oooo! New features!" Exactly. Besides, if not for those of us living dangerously, who is to aggravate you about bugz?   :D

Seriously, thanks for all the work you guys put into Elk. It creates virtual homes for many people. 8)