Skip to main content
Topic: Help: Move host, upgrade, and change domain name. (Read 4551 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Help: Move host, upgrade, and change domain name.

Reply #15

Quote from: tetricky – I did use that workflow...and it didn't work for me.
Well, from your description it seemed you installed 1.1.0, then updated to 1.1.3, or maybe you installed 1.1.3 and then tried to update to 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 and finally 1.1.3.
At least that's what I understood. :)

Quote from: tetricky – I did use that workflow...and it didn't work for me.
Is this just me, or a known issues with 1.1.1? Will upgrade likely fix it, or am I looking at some level of server misconfig?
Considering we are running 1.1.3 here and the captcha works, I tend to think it may be some strange server configuration setting.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Quote from: emanuele – ......So, what you have to do is simply:
1) download the 1.1.3 package file,
2) unzip it,
3) upload it to overwrite anything in your forum directory,
4) point to your forum.
It will redirect to the upgrade, you follow the instructions and delete the "install" directory.
That's all.

Okay....I've tried this on multiple platforms (from plesk/centos 6.8, through to debian 9).  Every time I try to upgrade to 1.1.3 from anything (1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2) the upgrader wont run.  It comes up saying that I have files older than the current version, and wont progress beyond the initialisation of the script. The only thing I can think is that it doesn't like either php 7.2, or mariadb 10.2....but for other reasons I particularly want upgradeable, maintainable systems, based on up to date versions.

I have sorted the captcha problem (gd library wasn't properly installed). I have every other thing working (on 1.1.2), including the flarum style package. No go with the upgrade to 1.1.3.

If I can crack this, I can do a dockerfile for elkarte. It dockerises nicely (upgrade problem aside).

Reply #17

I faced the upgrade problem sometimes ago and even reported some but I can really remember how I fixed it. The only thing I remember is, if you are upgrading from 1.0.10 to 1.1, you need to completely upgrade the database. If that has finished properly, the files should be just a matter of overwriting them. You can delete the install folder too if it causing you some annoyance.

Note: You don't upgrade a 1.1 version to another 1.1 version. The upgrade is only meant for 1.0 to 1.1.

Reply #18

I have 1.1.2 currently.  If install the package for 1.1.3 the forum redirects to upgrade.php...and then the upgrade wont proceed (1.1.1 to 1.1.2 does complete the upgrade - and I know the database doesn't change, and all is well after the process). Would it work if I just unzipped 1.1.3 over the existing installation, and then used the forum?  I thought that I tried that previously and it didn't work....

Reply #19

I am not sure how you did it last time, but if @emanuele already confirmed, may be you should try it again i.e. overwrite current 1.1.2 files with 1.1.3 files and delete install folder.

If you really don't want to do that, the small 1.1.3 update package can be uploaded and installed via package manager.

Reply #20

If you have 1.1.2 installed, then download the patch for 1.1.3 from here (file ElkArte_v1-1-3_patch.zip ) and install it using the Package Manager included into elkarte (it's the same you use to install add-ons)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #21

I seem to have been suffering from tunnel vision, in terms of updating the whole package files.  Installing the patch appears to have worked fine.  Thank you for that.