Skip to main content
Topic: Admin Logs>Quick Search :: Value to Search (Read 2068 times) previous topic - next topic

Admin Logs>Quick Search :: Value to Search

Seems broke to me.

/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=adminlog;type=3;sort=action;desc

Default search entry is by Member. Selecting to search by Action will display 'By: Action'; then selecting Date will show the new option to be 'Member'.  It also appears that you can not search by Position either.

Ultimately, unable to search by Date or Position and when selecting Date or Positon, the new seach value will always be Member.

Also, the display of (By: Member): sees to be a bit clumsy with the two colons and parenthesis.  Maybe make it:

Quick Search (By Member):   or

Quick Search by Member:         ( I like this one more so )

Re: Admin Logs>Quick Search :: Value to Search

Reply #1

The search by position is indeed an error, it should be there. 

Dates are a bit more complex so that capability was not included in the quick search, could be a good use of jQ UI stuff to add a date pick widget, otherwise you need to add a year/month/day spinner to input.

Agree that the (By Bla:) does not bring much to the party !

ETA: the position part of this fixed here: https://github.com/Spuds/Elkarte/commit/afb7c9a37bfdf6cb5e00f5343b6bba93f2ad8419

Reply #2

Wow!!  That was fast. Did emanuele give you a raise?   ;D

Reply #3

LOL ... a raise, heck I'm still waiting for my first paycheck :P

Reply #4

He will complain that he is paying you too much already!!   ;D

One more observation about the Date seach. Until it is implemented in JQ, perhaps it should not be a hoverable linky. Just a title on the bar. Leaving it linkable will make users think the Date is searchable.