Skip to main content
Topic: Summing up new stuff in 1.1 up until now (Read 2868 times) previous topic - next topic

Summing up new stuff in 1.1 up until now

I feel it's about time to do a recap of what are the new features introduced in 1.1 since it was branched from 1.0 back in... I don't remember, guess before the first beta, so a while ago.

1) PHP 5.3 and lambda functions (yeah, not many will care :P)
2) Like statistics from @Jokerâ„¢
3) Converted automated testing to PHPUnit and added Selenuim as well (you should care about tests! :P)
4) Two-Factor authentication by @TE
5) Started the generalization of mentions (i.e. allow not only messages/likes/buddies, but make them flexible to accomodate almost any thing)
6) Introduction of modules for more organized code
7) An autoloader (<= lotsa less require_once to type! :P)
8) Auto-bounce detection by Targen
9) Added a Request class to avoid calling directly superglobals
10) Moved all the file system read functions to SPL classes
11) (still pending) Introduction of a better (or at least more organized) notification system aiming at unifying all the possible types of notifications (mentions/alerts, emails, digest, external, etc.) into a single system
12) (still pending) Unification of all the dbms-specific install and upgrade instruction files into a single class object (hopefully easier to manage and deal with).

I feel these are the major changes. There is still quite a bunch of stuff that would be wonderful to have for 1.1, there is a lot of time! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Summing up new stuff in 1.1 up until now

Reply #1

:+1:

Reply #2

How about including lightbox by default ? Or option to turn it on ?

Reply #3

How about a go to top image ?

Reply #4

There was some talk about adding in a basic lightbox, there is the test code I posted somewhere on the site.  Might look to add that and maybe the inline attachments, not sure on that one though.  We still wanted to revamp the attachments area a bit and not sure if that will happen in 1.1 or not or if we even have an idea on what we want :D

Reply #5

What we want to do you ask?
MESS!!! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.