Skip to main content
Topic: Report Personal message (Read 10971 times) previous topic - next topic

Report Personal message

I tried here and also on my forum to report a personal message, but I gen an error, see the attached image. Is this a bug?

Re: Report Personal message

Reply #1

Smells like @emanuele at work :D

Reply #2

That option worked in the past, I don't remember if it was on elkarte 1.0 or 1.1.x, but I'm sure I received a couple of reports in the past.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

I have not had a chance to look at this yet, but I at least remembered to track it :) https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/3364

Reply #4

Well darn it ... its actually something I did!

in PersonalMessage.controller.php find
Code: (find) [Select]
		if (empty($modSettings['enableReportPM']) || empty($this->_req->query->pmsg))
and replace it with
Code: (replace) [Select]
		if (empty($modSettings['enableReportPM']) || empty($this->_req->post->pmsg))
That should allow the report to go ...

Reply #5

Thanks for watching into this, but does not solve the problem. I steel see the same error when I try to report a PM, I did the test with a normal registered account.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Thats really strange since I test it and it worked .... could you try this instead

Code: [Select]
		if (empty($modSettings['enableReportPM']) || empty($this->_req->getPost('pmsg', 'intval',  $this->_req->getQuery('pmsg', 'intval', 0))))

Reply #7

I did the first edit and checked twice if the file was correctly saved, but the first solution did not worked for me. The second one works perfectly (MP reported, I received the PM and the notification in ACP, no errors in elk log...).

Thanks for your help!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Cool ! ... yeah I found there are two possible ways the data is sent, one by post and one by get ... Anyway the last fix catches either option ... It will be added to 1.1.7 (and 2.0)

Reply #9

emanuele is innocent
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.