Skip to main content
Topic: Limit downloads? (Read 1999 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Can I block a country?

Limit downloads?

I don´t want toblock countries.
I just want to block users, who try to download via Ripper Software the whole forum pages...

Is there any ready to go Plugin or Mod I could use for this, where I could block, e.g. after
so many Mbytes the further access to the forum of this user or IP adress ?

Many thanks.

Re: Limit downloads?

Reply #1

Then why did you post in that topic instead of creating a new one? :P

I just want to block users, who try to download via Ripper Software the whole forum pages...

Quote from: hartiberlin – Is there any ready to go Plugin or Mod I could use for this, where I could block, e.g. after
so many Mbytes the further access to the forum of this user or IP adress ?
I feel this would be something that the webserver should do, creating it in php... I don't think it's trivial.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: hartiberlin – I just want to block users, who try to download via Ripper Software the whole forum pages...
I once tried to do something similar on my forum, it was just a test, and Bad Behaviour blocked the spider. The Bad Behaviour is included into the core of elkarte ;) Not exactly what you are asking but blocks a lot of junk traffic
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

What does Bad Behaviour do ?
Documentation anywhere ?

Has anyone tried to use Cloudflare to limit users to download a big forum with a big like 800 MBytes big datase ?
Any other ideas what Website Firewall to use to prevent users using a ripper software and making lots of traffic by trying to download ALL pages of the forum ?
Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan.