Skip to main content
Topic: Quick site refresh 2-13-2014 (Read 6938 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Quick site refresh 2-13-2014

Reply #15

Quote from: Antechinus –
Quote from: Nao – Yes.. why was this added?
It's a Wedge feature I actually dislike and am planning to tweak (moving Home link to the logo and leaving only Community link in the menu).
That's a good solution IMO.
What is a good solution, to you? What's already in place at wedge.org, or what I'm suggesting..?

Reply #16

Home to logo. Community in the menu. That's assuming you want to save space in the menu bar.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #17

Alternatively, to save space I can simply have both links in a dropdown menu below Home. This is currently done when you're inside a board -- it points to both the community homepage and the board homepage. I'm not so fond of that, though, but some people like it...

Reply #18

I was looking at my own personal forum, and this one has user blogs, and the blog titles show up in the banner instead of the forum title.
I was thinking, maybe it'd make for sense for Wedge to show blog titles in the banner, at least through a per-board setting, but it kind of makes it harder to consider putting the link to the main website in the banner, I suppose...
Maybe in the area above the banner, or something. Many websites do that...