Skip to main content
Topic: How do I disable the Mobile view? (Read 1896 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I disable the Mobile view?

Hi there!

I really need to switch off the way my forum looks when entered on a mobile device.

http://imgur.com/XA07TXS

Can I get some help in what to do so that the desktop view is always shown no matter if you use a cellphone or desktop?

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Re: How do I disable the Mobile view?

Reply #1

I would suggest not to do that move for several reasons, but it's up to you and the reason you need to have a desktop website on a mobile device.

Honestly I'm not sure you can entirely remove it (because external dependencies are responsive by-design and cannot be easily modified), the best option I can think of is to go in the relevant css files and remove any section starting with:
Code: [Select]
@media screen and (max-width
the whole block in the brackets.

But just for my curiosity: why do you want to make life more difficult to mobile users?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Well, the main issue is that in some cases, depending on what device you sue, when held vertically as opposed to horizontally, every second post in a topic has white background. With the content text being white, impossible to read (see image).

If it is possible to fix this issue along with other issues, then there is no need to disable the mobile view of the forum. I just need to know how to fix the wonkiness my users are experiencing. :)

Reply #3

@media screen and (max-width: 33.75em)
index_dark.css:2054

.forumposts .windowbg2 {
    background-color: #fafafa;
This comes directly from Chrome desktop, just resizing the screen in order to trigger the relevant media query.

Just be a bit more verbose, so that you can learn:
1) open chrome (or firefox for the matter)
2) resize the window until the background becomes white,
3) open the built-in developer tools (i.e. right click "inspect" on the white area)
4) browse up the document markup structure presented in the development tool window until you find a background color in a media query ( @media something).
In that case you have to go up until you reach:
<div class="post_wrapper  windowbg2">
that is the "problem", change the css according to your needs in the relevant file and you are done.

BTW: I'd suggest you to remove the min-width: 750px from the body, so that people with small smartphones will not have an horizontal scroll bar. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Thanks for the help with this. Matter sorted. :)