Skip to main content
Topic: error when installing addons (Read 2524 times) previous topic - next topic

error when installing addons

Hi,
I just installed on my localhost Elk 1.0 beta 2 and some addons to test:
1   Lazy loading of images   0.0.2   
2   Fancy Box 4 ElkArte   1.0   
3   Google Member Map   1.0   
4   Attachment Image Resize   1.0   

Then I tried to install Simple portal but I get some errors, I attach a screenshot. In SMF I am able to see the errors and correct them manually. I cannot find that in Elk, was removed or am I missing something?

Re: error when installing addons

Reply #1

If you installed the "official" beta 2 package then you likely need the latest files from the repo to have everything work (for this and/or the other mods as well). 

Part of doing the addons was, at least for me, a way to exercise the core software for bugs, inconsistency or misses.  So sometimes when I wrote the addon, I also had to submit patches to the core so things would work as expected.

Actually looking at that specific edit (we will get rid of source edits !) it must have been the B2 package, there was a small change in that area so the search line is now different and thats why its failing.  You should just be able to copy over the existing files, I don't think the other addons had any source edits, the portal however is a bit more extensive so a few were still needed, well for the moment.