Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155540 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #525

Quote from: augras – There is a block Quick search : is it what you are looking for ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it only searches forum content, i.e. posts. That's true of the search page itself. Or is the QS block different? Could be worth a try....:)

Reply #526

I made the test and you are right : it's only in posts, not in article or other content.

Reply #527

Quote from: augras – I made the test and you are right : it's only in posts, not in article or other content.
Thanks for the suggestion and feedback! It was worth a shot anyway.

Reply #528

I'd have to take a look to see if those could be indexed by the basic search function, if so then we could create a custom block to do article searches. 

As it stands I don't think there is anything in place to do this.

ETA I added this as an enhancement request, not sure when I can get to it though, 2.0 is one needy baby!

Reply #529

Quote from: Spuds – I'd have to take a look to see if those could be indexed by the basic search function, if so then we could create a custom block to do article searches. 

As it stands I don't think there is anything in place to do this.

ETA I added this as an enhancement request, not sure when I can get to it though, 2.0 is one needy baby!
I could imagine 2.0 is rather needy! It's certainly a higher priority than the article search. ;)

Reply #530

Forum Link

Okay, got it doing a portal page, but right now I also used the Ultimate Menu mod.
I'd like to get rid of the forum tab in the menu, as Community tab works for me, as long as can set it to action=forum
Especially since Community tab already has a bunch of items in drop down.
I had made an item in front, that also has drop down, but itself goes to the portal.

What need:
1. A way to make the Community tab in menu go to action=forum
2. Get rid of Forum tab, since Community will be it.
Thank you.

Reply #531

It looks like you figure it out?  When I went to site (looks good btw) community goes to the forum and there is no forum tab .... maybe that is just a guest thing?

Reply #532

I had to tweak the lang file. :p
Still issues with the Ultimate menu, since it does not like play fair with SP.
Where can I actually edit the forum menu?

Reply #533

Old School hacking can be done in Menu.subs.php in the loadDefaultMenuButtons() function.

Reply #535

That should be in the sp_integrate_menu_buttons() function in the ManageSPortalModule.controller.php file which I think currently lives in sources/admin

Reply #537

Awesome, glad you got it sorted:clap:

Reply #538

User info block seems to give this when click into field:

QuoteThis form is not secure. Autofill has been turned off.

SP_User.png

Any way to fix this?

Reply #539

Well, the cPanel link goes to an HTTP site not an HTTPS site and I don’t even see the form tag for the login form so definitely don’t see how that’s going to work in a secure fashion since for it to not show the warning it needs to be in a form tag with an action whose URL starts with HTTPS…