Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble acessing this site. (Read 4950 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble acessing this site.

Scenario.  I was logged in here permanently in IE11.  Clicked bookmark tonight to check out the forum and page wouldn't load, the address bar and favicon just kept flashing, and a white page.

So fired up Edge, and visited again, this time not logged in.  Site loaded fine, until I logged in, then the same flashing and white page.

Tried Firefox, all was well, logged in and was presented with the privacy policy, which I duly accepted.  Once I had accepted the policy, I could go back to viewing in IE11 and Edge without problem. 

Re: Trouble acessing this site.

Reply #1

That's strange! I had the privacy policy too, but no such problems with Chrome. All worked fine.

Reply #2

Hmm... When I turn on the desktop I'll check the error log, thanks for reporting!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Nope, nothing in the log. :-\
It may be a problem with the redirect?... dunno.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Thanks for checking this out.  I can only assume it's a problem my end then, as no one else has reported this problem.   ;)

Reply #5

My main problem is I cannot do tests on IE...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – My main problem is I cannot do tests on IE...

I take it you're a Mac user?  It was both IE11 and Edge that played up for me, but like I said once the policy was accepted it works fine.  Don't really want to clear all my cookies to test this again, but I'm guessing it would show up again if I did.   Then I'd gladly put up a YT vid of the problem.

Reply #7

I had no issue with my Edge browser. It works fine :)

Reply #8

Quote from: Jason – I had no issue with my Edge browser. It works fine :)

Thanks, but did you accept the GDPR policy with it. or did you do that already with a different browser?   I'm using IE11 to type this without problem.  I can also use Edge without problem now that I've already accepted.

Reply #9

@lurkalot I already accepted the GDPR policy in Firefox.

Reply #10

Nope,  linux.

Quote from: lurkalot – Then I'd gladly put up a YT vid of the problem.
I guess it wouldn't help, so don't spend time on it. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: Jason – @lurkalot I already accepted the GDPR policy in Firefox.

OK, thanks.  And that's probably why you didn't see the problem.  Like I said in my first post, once I had accepted the policy (using Firefox) I could use IE11 and Edge just fine as I'm doing now.   ;)

Reply #12

Same situation, I accepted first the GDPR policy in Firefox, now I logged in wit IE 11 and it's all working fine
sorry for my bad english