Skip to main content
Topic: Merge topics from search results page (Read 1855 times) previous topic - next topic

Merge topics from search results page

Today one of my moderator asked me if is possible to merge topics from search results page. TBH I didn't need such a feature, so I had to check. I see that is possible to merge two or more topics from board view, but not from the search results page. The 2 menus looks similar, so I am asking is there any reason that no Merge button is present in search results? I don't even know if this was included or not into smf

I attach two screenshots:

board view: board-view.png     Search results: search-results.png
sorry for my bad english

Re: Merge topics from search results page

Reply #1

I don't know if maybe it has something to do with merging across boards?  The topic listing would be all the same board (and permissions) but in search it could be across multiple boards, or which you may have access to, but others may not.

Reply #2

Yep, I feel the same: in search you have results that may belong to different boards and it's not always "evident" to which they belong.
Then again, it may just be because it has always been like that. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

If the topics which must be merged are stored in different boards, why not merge them nevertheless and ask the moderator in which board the new merged topic should be?

And mark the topics which can be merged (because the moderator has the right to do so) so it is clear to him which action is allowed for him to do or not.

That would be a step forward.  ;)

Reply #4

Probably, the original intention was to reduce confusion.
Just guessing. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.