Skip to main content
Topic: Fresh Install, Can't Log In (Read 2302 times) previous topic - next topic

Fresh Install, Can't Log In

Hi folks,

I'd really like to try out elkArte as I think it looks beautifully built.  I've tried installing on my site 4 times.  Each time I install it, I can't log in and get the following error:
"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I'm installing version 1.09 via Softaculous on a server hosted by InMotion.  Here is some of my hosting info:

Server Name   ecbiz193
cPanel Version   56.0 (build 46)
Theme   x3
Apache Version   2.4.18
PHP Version   5.6.30     (Pretty sure this is actually 7.1.x
MySQL Version   5.6.33
Architecture   x86_64
Operating System   linux
Shared IP Address   198.46.81.215
Path to sendmail   /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl   /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version   5.10.1
Kernel Version   2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.20.el6.x86_64
cPanel Pro   1.0 (RC1) 

Here is the site: http://test1.rubycon.us/ElkArte/index.php

Any ideas on how to proceed?  Please, I beg of you... be very specific in offering instructions as I am not a programmer or IT person.
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:43:08 pm by Orson

Re: Fresh Install, Can't Log In

Reply #1

Are you certain that you are on php 5.6.30 and not 7.0.x or 7.1.x ?

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – Are you certain that you are on php 5.6.30 and not 7.0.x or 7.1.x ?
I copied it right off the screen in the control panel.  I guess I should go try to figure out how to update?

Reply #3

According to the updater I am running 7.1, not sure why it says the earlier version.

Reply #4

So that would be the problem ... sadly 1.0.9 is not 7.0/7.1 compatible.   

A new version of ElkArte, 1.0.10, has the needed fixes for working with PHP 7.x, and has been "almost" ready to go for some time, but we keep finding little things to add  O:-) Several members have been testing it as well, so it really is close to being released.

If you can instead run 5.6 for 1.0.9 that will fix your session errors.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds – So that would be the problem ... sadly 1.0.9 is not 7.0/7.1 compatible.  

A new version of ElkArte, 1.0.10, has the needed fixes for working with PHP 7.x, and has been "almost" ready to go for some time, but we keep finding little things to add  O:-) Several members have been testing it as well, so it really is close to being released.

If you can instead run 5.6 for 1.0.9 that will fix your session errors.

You da man!!!!