Skip to main content
Topic: Setting avatar size (Read 1592 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting avatar size

I'd like to change the avatar size in the post view. I already changed the settings "avatar_max_size" and "avatar_max_height" to 125 (and deleted the cache) and hoped this would do the job. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The displayed size is still 65 x 65 although the size of the avatar image is 150 x 150. Any hints are welcome  :)!

Re: Setting avatar size

Reply #1

The avatar_max_size/height are set as CSS max-width/height, so if the avatar is smaller, it is not scaled up.
If you see here on that forum, for example, the values are 125px and for example here:
https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5077.0
the default avatar is small, while mine is bigger.

Are you using the default theme or another one?
If another one it may be the theme sets an hard width/height that doesn't allow to change the size (in that case some custom css is needed).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Thanks for the information. I'm using the default theme. The original size of the avatar i tried is 150 x 150 but displayed as 65 x 65. It seems to be, that it was shrinked when I uploaded it. Can this be configured anywhere?

Reply #3

The problem is fixed now. When I uploaded the avatar initially, the max height/size was still 65 and it seems to be that it was shrinked to the max size. I reuploaded the avatar now and now it is 125 x 125 as expected.

Reply #4

Ahh... okay.
Yes "of course", when you upload the avatar it is resized to the size defined in the admin panel and once this is done it is not possible to make it larger (or at least it doesn't make much sense.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.