Skip to main content
Topic: [WIP] Xydre - Modern fully-responsive theme for Elkarte (Read 16847 times) previous topic - next topic

[WIP] Xydre - Modern fully-responsive theme for Elkarte

Just thought I'd post this here if anyone was interested.

I'm currently moving my gaming and technology community away from IPB. Having spent a few days with SMF 2.1 trying to help fix bugs and whatnot, I learnt about Elkarte and so decided to make the move over to here.

I'm working on porting my site's theme to Elkarte using modern web technologies such as jQuery and Foundation. The finished product will be a completely responsive, mobile-first forum using Elkarte's underlying system. It will likely bear little resemblance to the Elkarte default theme, nor use any Elkarte CSS/JS.

http://beta.xydre.com/xydre_testing/

I may end up making deeper modifications, but for now at least, I'm trying to keep all my changes restricted to theme files.
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:48:34 am by ant59

Re: [WIP] Modern responsive theme for my community

Reply #1

Woah.. like it. Will you make it available publicly?
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #2

Welcome to the site  :D

Sounds like you have a fun project ahead of yourself, please keep us informed as you go along as we love to hear about how ElkArte is being used/implemented.

If (as) you find any bugs be sure to let us know either here or on the github tracker so they can be addressed.  Also if you find things that would simply make it easier to customize, missing hooks, functions, etc let us know that as well so we can look to implement the changes in the core.

Reply #3

Quote from: kucing – Woah.. like it. Will you make it available publicly?

I would like to :) I'll see what I can do in the future.

Quote from: Spuds – Welcome to the site  :D

Sounds like you have a fun project ahead of yourself, please keep us informed as you go along as we love to hear about how ElkArte is being used/implemented.

If (as) you find any bugs be sure to let us know either here or on the github tracker so they can be addressed.  Also if you find things that would simply make it easier to customize, missing hooks, functions, etc let us know that as well so we can look to implement the changes in the core.

Thank you :) It's been great so far. I'll certainly make sure to report any bugs or submit PRs if I fix anything.

I have already noticed one or two things where HTML is being generated in subroutine files rather than allowing the template to generate it's own from data. I'm keeping a list :)
Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:15:04 am by ant59

Reply #4

Welcome around! :D

Looks like a very nice theme!

Bug fix are a great thing! :D (But remember that I'm the only one allowed to create bugs. :P)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I've pushed the working branch for the theme to GitHub on my Elkarte repo.

https://github.com/Ant59/Elkarte/tree/xydre-theme

Quote from: emanuele – Welcome around! :D

Looks like a very nice theme!

Bug fix are a great thing! :D (But remember that I'm the only one allowed to create bugs. :P)

Thank you :)

Haha!

Reply #6

Board index now complete except for board icons.

Still got some work to do one the header and menus, but that might involve some clean-up of the menu system to allow themes to better leverage positioning of individual buttons.

Reply #7

Awesome !!!

Reply #8

Sorry for the slow progress and absence as of late. Lots of stuff keeping me busy.

However, I have managed to make some more progress with the theme and I'm pushing really hard now to get this to a usable state.

I've merged in the RC1 release from the upstream to my working repo. The theme works perfectly and should 1.0-ready on release.
Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:15:17 am by ant59

Reply #9

This is the current message index. Just some finishing touches to add.

Reply #10

Very nice work !!  Congratulations!

Reply #11

Cool!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Just wanted to share a preview of the administration centre.

Login screen

Admin home

Sticky top-bar, bottom of admin home

Reply #13

Profile page

Reply #14

Topic