Skip to main content
Topic: Where to add Posting Images? (Read 1361 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to add Posting Images?

Hey there,

I'm really new in ElkArte and installed it on my webspace about 3 or 4 days ago.
I mostly used phpBB by now, but ElkArte seems modern and much easier to configurate - at least at the permission side.

I try to find where I can add new posting images, there's a menu entry in the admin control panel calls "Forum" -> "Smiley & post symbols" (I use german language files, there it calls "Forum" -> "Smileys & Beitragssymbole").
When I get into this menu I only see several menu entries for smiley (pre)view and edit, but no post symbols.
It also seems, that there are no "addons" for the post image packs available at addons.elkarte.net .

Someone have an idea, where I can find / add them?
I use phpMyAdmin on my webspace or better my databases, so I could add them manually if neccessary, if I would know where to add.

I use only the default (but recoloured) theme on the board.
Will it be enough, if I upload the additional images to /themes/default/images/post/ ? Will ElkArte recognize them for itself?
I could edit the currently images directly (overwrite them by my images) but maybe there's a "safer" way to go? :)

Can the images be "any" format (like 40x16px) or have they to be always 18x16px without modding? I would like to add a readable text instead of the symbols like "finished", "in work", "wait" and so on.

Thanks!

Re: Where to add Posting Images?

Reply #1

Hi and welcome!

In the "Smileys & Beitragssymbole" menu there should be a sub-menu with only "Beitragssymbole" (I guess, not a German speaker), there you should be able to add new topic icons (actually, you first have to load them via ftp to the post directory you have already found).
If you do not see the menu, then you may have to enable "custom message icons from the "Forum" -> "Smileys & Beitragssymbole" -> settings page.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.