Skip to main content
Topic: threads with "notification on" should be easier to find (Read 3832 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from menu items: Like stats & cont...

Re: threads with "notification on" should be easier to find

Reply #1

Split because 1 feature = 1 topic. ;)

How would you make it easier to find?

Actually, exactly what should be easier to find?
The list of topics?
Or the list of updated topics?

And... to have the whole picture (since "notification" mai mean a couple of different things in Elk), what do you mean with "notifications on"? The ones for which you actually pressed the button "notify", or just those you answered?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – How would you make it easier to find?

Don't hide it deep inside the profile.  ;)  I know it from the past but if I were a newbie in forum software I would never look for the list of subscribed boards in the e-mail notification settings in my profile.

Quote from: emanuele – Actually, exactly what should be easier to find?

Drafts!

Quote from: emanuele – The list of topics?
Or the list of updated topics?

You mean "new posts" and "new replies"?  :o

Quote from: emanuele – And... to have the whole picture (since "notification" mai mean a couple of different things in Elk), what do you mean with "notifications on"? The ones for which you actually pressed the button "notify", or just those you answered?

The ones you have to press "notify", yes.

I think, but that's a big deal, a page with all subscribed things would come in handy. A page where all is bundled that's happening "in real time" and affects me or my posts. Like the notifications page, where you can differ between likes for posts, mentions, etc. Would be great if this page would be reorganized so it can show my subscribed topics and boards too.

Reply #3

Maybe have Notification be a main My Account selection along with look and layout, profile, etc ? 

Should New Posts, New Replies and Recent Posts be placed under a single top menu pulldown or are they better off where they are now?

Reply #4

Quote from: Spuds – Should New Posts, New Replies and Recent Posts be placed under a single top menu pulldown

Yes, this would be very good, Spuds. At the moment, they take too much space in Main Menu.

And I agree with Jorin:

Drafts are very important and not easy to find. Could they be a Button in the Main Menu?

Reply #5

Quote from: Ruth – Drafts are very important and not easy to find. Could they be a Button in the Main Menu?
I'd vote for "my drafts" as part of the profile dropdown
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

Yes, this would be perfekt, TE.

Reply #7

And, if it would be possible:

I don't like the two dropdowns under the admin-button.
Could this just be one dropdown, including the links for the moderators?

Reply #8

Can we have a topic for each feature so that each topic can actually be about a single topic and not evolve into multiple requests? :P O:-) ;)
I know it's easy to just hit "post", but then it's very easy to miss whatever we are discussing and lose track of any decision made.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Sorry, Emanuele...  :-[

But it was not me who started with mixing things up. (it was Jorin and Spuds) :D

I was thinking, that this is a thread, where dreams come true... O:-)

Reply #10

You are learning! (Always blame Spuds. :P)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.