Skip to main content
Topic: Minor tweak to current theme page. (Read 6961 times) previous topic - next topic

Minor tweak to current theme page.

It bugs me a bit that the current theme page in admin doesn't contain lynx to edit the stylesheet, etc. I know said lynx reside quite happily in the forests of area=theme;sa=themelist; but their absence from the current theme page seems a bit incongruous.

My 2c is we should breed more lynx and use them to populate the current theme page. When I go to the page that handles the current theme, I sorta expect to see basic editing lynx there too. :)
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: Minor tweak to current theme page.

Reply #1

Maybe instead of having another menu entry (or in parallel to the menu entry) we could add a link to the "modify theme" page.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Well on 1.1.x there was a link to edit stylesheets, etc on the current theme page. It was kind of handy if you were doing interface work on a site that had multiple themes, because you could just go straight to current instead of hunting through a list iof themes. Not sure how big a deal that is for most users though.

A link to the modify page for that particular theme woud be fine. IOW, link them to the browse area for that theme id, so they get what they want straight away without jumping through extra hoops. It's not really another menu entry. It's just a link on the page.

My 2c.

Reply #3

I expressed myself very badly...I was still tired. :P

At the moment there is the menu item "Modify Themes" that has a list of themes and links to modify something.
It may be worth remove that page and just list the edit links in "Theme settings" along with the new "Edit this theme's settings".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Something like that:
Code: [Select]
				<div class="content">
<ul class="settings themes_list">
<li class="button_link floatleft"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=theme;th=', $theme['id'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], ';sa=list">', $txt['theme_edit_settings'], '</a></li>
<li class="button_link floatleft"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=theme;th=', $theme['id'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], ';sa=browse">', $txt['themeadmin_edit_browse'], '</a></li>', $theme['can_edit_style'] ? '
<li class="button_link floatleft"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=theme;th=' . $theme['id'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id'] . ';sa=browse;directory=css">' . $txt['themeadmin_edit_style'] . '</a></li>' : '', '
<li class="button_link floatleft"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=theme;th=', $theme['id'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], ';sa=copy">', $txt['themeadmin_edit_copy_template'], '</a></li>
</ul>
<dl class="settings themes_list">
<dt>', $txt['themeadmin_list_theme_dir'], ':</dt>
<dd', $theme['valid_path'] ? '' : ' class="error"', '>', $theme['theme_dir'], $theme['valid_path'] ? '' : ' ' . $txt['themeadmin_list_invalid'], '</dd>
<dt>', $txt['themeadmin_list_theme_url'], ':</dt>
<dd>', $theme['theme_url'], '</dd>
<dt>', $txt['themeadmin_list_images_url'], ':</dt>
<dd>', $theme['images_url'], '</dd>
</dl>
</div>

And this to admin.css:
Code: [Select]
ul.themes_list {
padding-bottom: 0.5em;
}
ul.themes_list li{
width: 45%;
}
ul.themes_list:after{
display: block;
clear: both;
content:"";
}

Or maybe something simpler in terms of css, you know I'm not good at that things. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Eh? I don't get it. You'd still need the full list of themes, so you'd still need that page.

Reply #6

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/918/xhz8.png

At the moment it looks almost horrible, I know, but it's just to have an idea of what I talking about.
And then remove the menu item ""Modify Themes".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Oh I see. Yeah I suppose that makes sense. Not entirely sure though. I still kinda think the current theme page should have that stuff too.

Reply #8

Ahhh...okay I think I misunderstood where you wanted them. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.