Skip to main content
Topic: Contact form spam (Read 1272 times) previous topic - next topic

Contact form spam

Has anyone any advice for dealing with contact form spam. I was hoping to put some sort of anti-spam measure like capatcha or similar but I haven't been able to find any add-ons

Thanks in advance

Re: Contact form spam

Reply #1

I thought we have anti-spam settings built in?

Reply #2

There is anti-spam in the rest of the settings, I just can't seem to implement anything for the contact form.

Reply #3

None that I know of

I recall the idea was that if someone was having problems (with captcha or challenge questions) this allowed a way to still contact someone ... of course it also allows for PM spam to the admin.  Would be good addon territory to enable google captcha or other to help protect things, but as of now I don't know of anything.

Reply #4

You can try ReCaptcha add-od https://addons.elkarte.net/security/reCaptcha.html
It won't solve the problem but will limit some undesired emails.
There was a period when I received spam almost everyday, now there are months since I don't receive spam from the contact form. IIRC I applied some filters on my email
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

There was also a lot of spam through the contact form. Recaptcha doesn't help. The only way out is to disable the contact form

Reply #7

Right now that is a side effect of the form, its a magnet for spam.  Do you have it enabled on every page or just on the registration form?