Skip to main content
Topic: Date format setting (admin tweak) (Read 6359 times) previous topic - next topic

Date format setting (admin tweak)

Here's one that might prove popular, and should be easy to do (I think).

The default timestamp is, IMEEAGO*, moo tucking fuch clutter and generally an eyesore. Most of the time, even as an admin/moderator, I've never cared about which exact second something is posted. I find that just having 10:34am is easier and quicker to scan and comprehend than 10.34:27am. The latter is also harder to fit into templates/gui shiz.

Yes, I know, it's only three more characters, but that makes a difference. So, I've always preferred to run with just hours and minutes.

Proposal: either make this default OR, if that is regarded as far too scary, make things easier in admin.

Currently n00bs have to wade through the php syntax for timestamps before they can change anything, and having done it I know the info online doesn't always work on all servers (dunno why, but it don't). So, it'd probably be appreciated if there was the option to select your preferred timestamp format in a n00b-comprehensible way.

Something like: Do you want hours/minutes/seconds? Yes/No. Or something. Maybe Show: Hours (checkbox) Minutes (checkbox).

Gotta be some easy way of providing a sensible range of options.

*In My Extremely Egotistical And Grumpy Opinion
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: Date format setting (admin tweak)

Reply #1

I guess this is exterminated since we use relative times now?

Reply #2

I thought we still have the options?

Reply #3

Yes but I think the issue is gone

Reply #4

I think some options for formatting of the various ways to display times would be useful.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.