Skip to main content
Topic: LiveGallery (Read 9199 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: LiveGallery - Open Beta

Reply #15

it is not available to guests.
I tried to register, but after submitting the form I get:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class Data_Validator, because the name is already in use in ...sources/subs/DataValidator.class.php on line 68
sorry for my bad english

Reply #16

I moved some code that probably fixed it... could you try again?
Quoteit is not available to guests.
Ha! Forgot to set them pesky permissions.
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #17

Quote     View Item

An Error Has Occurred
Accesss denied.
Sorry for my English

Reply #18

Yep, I was going to report this too ;) 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #19

I fxed that. Permissions are complicated.

Re: LiveGallery

Reply #20

My gallery addon is now up for sale at https://livemods.net/elk/index.php

Some notes:
  • requires php 5.5 and a recent mysql (5.6?)
  • must be enabled in core features

Reply #21

Congrats on getting it completed and available :D

Reply #22

Just asking, will it work in php7.1?

Reply #23

demo site is currently on php 7.1.4.

Reply #24

LiveGallery v1.0.1 released

This fixes errors that manifested themselves in the error log.

Fixed incorrect paths resulting in many stat errors
Fixed file caching
Fixed file not found errors when trying to download
the box to check all groups affected too many child boxes
Empty group selection on adding/editing an album would log an error from array_keys()
Descriptions were parsed on the edit form
Fetching EXIF metadata could sometimes throw some undefined index warnings

Reply #25

A discount of 33% will be applied during the next thirty days to celebrate my birthday on June 28. No special code is necessary.

Reply #26

No offence, but the problem with galleries in SMF is that they don't get used by users because of the unintuitive interface. It was a problem with Aeva media and it's the same with this addon, if not worth. Don't take it as an offence, it's not my intention 

When you open a picture there is no way to close it. you need to use the back button of your browser (in random items, click on any image to see)
When you download a file the download button is almost hidden, nobody will expect to see it where it is now.
cannot access unseen images on demo site Sorry, we can't let you access this section. We can't even tell you if it exists. You're welcome to visit the main page and choose your way from there.
dcdc
- no image preview for albums?

I'm a bit hurry now, but I will install it on a test site to see how it works and let you know.

p.s. thanks for the discount  8)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #27

I'd like to voice a semi-contrary opinion. If you're doing lightboxes and whatnot, you'd better take the utmost care not to break the back button by properly using History.pushState(). Nothing's more jarring and unintuitive than going back only to end up much further back  than you intended. I've always thought phpGraphy (you can find an example here) was quite good, certainly much better than most of the fancy JS junk.

What I do think to be somewhat unintuitive is that clicking on the mini-thumb takes you straight to the full picture. I'd expect it to perform the same action as when you click on the title: details view. Yet from details view you can't seem to get to full picture-only (as opposed to a fullscreen lightboxed view). And square mini-thumbs are one thing, but I'm less enthused with the cut-offs in the details view.

Btw, I don't think buttons like "Edit" and "Delete" should be shown if you don't have the relevant permissions, or is that just a demo thing?

Looks interesting. Unfortunately I'm not interested in adding a gallery. :)

Reply #28

I wrote the lightbox myself and am not using the history api. I think that is tantamount to abuse , entirely daft, and horribly degrades the user experience.

The problem with most SMF mods is that they are largely relics of the past and therefore use technology of the past. Updates are largely nil, unfortunately.

One of my goals is ultimately to overcome intuitiveness as much as possible.

Reply #29

I was disagreeing with @radu81 with regard to using the back button being unintuitive because breaking the back button is what's unintuitive. I hadn't even realized there was a details view or a lightbox or a details view at that point because clicking the mini-thumb does something different than clicking the image title.

Due to the nature of the gallery that lightbox one isn't nearly as jarring as, e.g., on this forum, where pressing the back button in a lightboxed image attachment view can take you completely away from where you were on a page, back to a completely different page. "I think that is tantamount to abuse , entirely daft, and horribly degrades the user experience." :P It's more of a minor fluke of course, but it does seem peculiar to call it a feature, not a bug.