Skip to main content
Topic: Php 7.0 Beta (Read 12646 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Php 7.0 Beta

Reply #45

BTW, interesting about LTS. Considering php release cycle and support I guess "going with the latest" is the only choice that makes sense (5.6 active support is going to end in December, while only security fixes will last for another couple of years... even though, php 7 security support will end 1 month earlier than 5.6 :o , and ubuntu has to support 16.04 since 2021).

Speaking of ubuntu and LTS, I have to update my VPS... xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #46

My VPS is on Debian Jessie. I just want that stuff to work. My desktop is on Stretch; a little riskier but generally worth it. That being said, a libxinput or X11 update a couple of days ago seems to have broken the xorg.conf EmulateWheel option. :/

Um, what was my point? I don't even run Elk on my personal el cheapo VPS but on shared hosting, lol. (However, I can select my PHP version at will on the shared hosting config, all the way from 5.2 to 7.0.) Oh yes, I remember. I was going to say you might want to wait for the first point release of Ubuntu 16.04, which won't be for another few months. Although the worst bugs should obviously already be gone thanks to the beta and actual launch. :P

Reply #47

Quote from: emanuele – Actually, there is something broken (at least in the tests, I have not been able (yet) to try php7 "live").
I have tried and, sighed, I really hate it because I don't know much to fix many things that are made deprecated by it.

Quote from: emanuele – I'm pretty sure 1.0 will not work on 7.0, so I'd say no. ;)
It works alright except for buffer. I can't get addon that use buffer to work at all. However, I haven't use it for long.

Quote from: Frenzie – ... the first point release of Ubuntu 16.04, which won't be for another few months.
Sad, it doesn't support php version lower than 7. I have to hack for version 5.6 to work, sighed.

I would advise those who is running Trusty (14.04) not to upgrade to Xenial (16.04), unless you really know what you are doing.