Skip to main content
Topic: Notification templates? (Read 3060 times) previous topic - next topic

Notification templates?

1.1 RC1.  Notification emails do not contain text we humans would prefer.  They appear to be function names, such as likemsg. 

Not sure if this is a bug or there is something wrong in my setup.  If so, it's consistently wrong on all my elk sites.  ;D  Please advise accordingly!   ;)

Re: Notification templates?

Reply #1

This may be related:  forum error log also shows a message it cannot find the happy_birthday template.  Or something to that effect.

Reply #2

Can you check the error log and see if there is anything?
Thanks!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Hi eman!  Hope you are well.  Nothing is reported in the forum error log, nor in php error logs. 

If it helps, notification subject and message body both appear as "likemsg", "quotedmem", etc. 

Reply #4

Try changing in sources/subs/ Notifications.class.php this:
Code: [Select]
		$this->register(2, 'email', array($this, '_send_email'), array('subject' => 'subject', 'body' => 'body'));
$this->register(3, 'email_daily', array($this, '_send_daily_email'), array('subject' => 'subject', 'body' => 'snippet'));
$this->register(4, 'email_weekly', array($this, '_send_weekly_email'), array('subject' => 'subject', 'body' => 'snippet'));
to:
Code: [Select]
		$this->register(2, 'email', array($this, '_send_email'), array('subject' => 'subject', 'body' => 'body', 'suffix' => true));
$this->register(3, 'email_daily', array($this, '_send_daily_email'), array('subject' => 'subject', 'body' => 'snippet', 'suffix' => true));
$this->register(4, 'email_weekly', array($this, '_send_weekly_email'), array('subject' => 'subject', 'body' => 'snippet', 'suffix' => true));
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

So far the Liked message is a confirmed fix.  Many thanks eman!  Hope you have a great day.   8)

Reply #6

emanuele forgot to add this to the PR...

@Spuds maybe you have some space? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

I'll add it to the one I have open ...

Reply #8

Many thanks for being responsive bugs squashers guys!

Reply #9

Sorry but I have this same error in 1.1.3, kind of.
Quote from: badmonkey – This may be related:  forum error log also shows a message it cannot find the happy_birthday template.
The exact error on mine is:
QuoteType of error: Template
The email template "happy_birthday" could not be found.
File: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/sources/subs/Mail.subs.php
Has it been fixed and added to 1.1.3? If not, don't forget to track it and add it to 1.1.4.

Reply #10

Could you please open a bug report at github? And put both the report and the link here?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Sorry. I forgot to open a bug report. Will do it now, hopefully... :D