Skip to main content
Topic: Phooter lynx (we can haz dictionary?) (Read 6849 times) previous topic - next topic

Phooter lynx (we can haz dictionary?)

Yeah so idea for feature. :D 

Common website practice these days is to have a collection of handy stuff in the footer. Now of course I can hard code this (and have done) with my eyes closed (makes for interesting presentation) but a lot of average mugs aren't so fortunate.

So, should we provide this sort of thing as a default feature? I don't much care if everyone is against it, since I'll roll my own anyway, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: Phooter lynx (we can haz dictionary?)

Reply #1

I'm not sure the stuff in the footer is what I'd qualify as 'handy'. Rather, in another world's experience, annoying. (although that's also because people couldn't remove them, due to the proprietary licenses in use).

But I agree that's one section that should be easily modifiable, if it isn't enough yet, as a whole. Not with lists of stuff, though.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #2

I could see some people using this. But for me, this is something that could stay as a theme option.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #3

At first I though Ant wanted to have an instance of lynx available in the footer... O:-)

You mean the possibility to organize blocks of links (in columns) in the dark-blue part of the footer? (if there is any of course)

ETA: and my comments in brackets makes me thing it would be difficult to have it "always", because if the theme doesn't have a space for them it would be difficult to let them fit.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – At first I though Ant wanted to have an instance of lynx available in the footer... O:-)
+1 :D

QuoteYou mean the possibility to organize blocks of links (in columns) in the dark-blue part of the footer? (if there is any of course)

ETA: and my comments in brackets makes me thing it would be difficult to have it "always", because if the theme doesn't have a space for them it would be difficult to let them fit.

I think so... But it seems overkill?
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.