Skip to main content
Topic: EU notification of the site use of cookies (Read 23041 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: EU notification of the site use of cookies

Reply #75

Quote from: Feline – If anyone of all this drastic thinks becomes true, you can forgotten any Forum ..
I'm not that drastic, but I feel many services will become harder indeed.

Quote from: Feline – The IP is need for Banns as example and more
Well, this is not really something "useful" anyway, with IPv6 banning an IP will be even more useless than now.

Quote from: Feline – The Browser ID is need for many things
Why do you need browser's data? ???

Quote from: Feline – The email is need for communicate with the user
Well, this will go into the agreement terms, if one doesn't give permission to use the email he simply will not be able to register, it's nothing new.

TBH, what I'm more worried about are the reporting of data breaches: normal forum owners are likely to be hacked without even notice it, let alone being willing to report such cases to an authority.
Well, anyway I have much to study for the Christmas holidays. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #76

For many things in JS and CSS, because not all Browser do exacly the same on ONE THING (mostly css / Mobile)  :-\
So it's need to detect which Browser the user have ...

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Reply #77

You don't necessarily need the user agent for that, you should test the feature, not the browser. ;)

Anyway, the user agent is not a personal data under any legislation I know of (and is not under 679/2016), it would be the same as say that a car model is a personal data.

This won't make any difference as per Article 3.2.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #78

I think data protection be it an Act or merely a regulation[1] should be separated and discussed in other topics. It is different from EU Cookies law.
Our country implemented data protection laws in its own Act and various other law provisions since years ago.