Skip to main content
Topic: Custom Message icon not visible (Read 5784 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: a new entry in the menu M...

Re: Custom Message icon not visible

Reply #15

No, don't do that ... its an old file.

I can't remember what I was doing last night so I was just trying to get a fresh recap of the issue since there have been several releases of the software been then and 1.1.7 .

Reply #16

Sorry, the issue is exaclty the same as decribe here :
Quote from: radu81 – - I created a new custom icon called mobile (I used a copy of one existing image file renaming it to mobile.png)
[attach type=thumb]5772[/attach]
- when opening a new topic or posting a reply you can choose the custom icon from dropdown but it is not displayed in topic view. If you try to edit the post using the complete editor (More -> Edit) you will get the same result, custom icon displayed in editor but not visible in topic view
[attach type=thumb]5774[/attach] [attach type=thumb]5776[/attach]

Not sure for this part :
Quote from: radu81 – - strange is if I use the Quick Edit option I see the default icon instead of my custom icon. Changing the icon from Quick edit works and icon is visible after edit.
[attach type=thumb]5778[/attach] [attach type=thumb]5780[/attach]

Reply #17

I remember about this bug, but I cannot reproduce it anymore using a clean install (1.1.6 + 1.1.7 test package installed)

=== edit ===
@augras‍ make sure you have "Enable customized message icons" option enabled in ACP -> Forum -> Smileys and Message Icons -> Settings
Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:06:18 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #18

Yes i am :
Capture2.PNG

Reply #20

Thank you Spuds.
I use Elkarte Light with no changes, or i don't remember (but i really don't think).
I take a look to the files and comme back.

Reply #21

It's ok : the 2 files are in 1.1.7 and all the modifications are here.

Reply #22

I mean the code was already in the files but it still doesn't work.
I'm on hollidays for the week but i will test on a fresh install at my back.

Reply #23

OK please report back. 

I noticed you are using Flarum style on your site so there could be a small compatibility issue with that and 1.1.7 but I have not checked into that.

Have a great time off.

Reply #24

Hi,
On a fresh 1.1.6+1.1.7 elkarte :
after Enable customized message icons i added a camera.png with Video entry... i can choose this in the message but still standard icon displayed.
Flarum style works fine with 1.1.7 and in flarum page the camera icon is corretly displayed !

Reply #25

With Elkarte light theme : doesn't work
with-elkarte-light.png

With Flarum : it works
with-flarum.png

It's the same thing on my old Elkarte and the fresh one.

Reply #26

Don't you hate when you know you tested something to make sure it worked, and then it does not !  Darn I know I tested that, off to look at what I mussed up.

Reply #27

I believe I found the error.

In file /sources/subs/MessageTopicIcons.class.php

Code: (find) [Select]
				return $element['name'];
Code: (replace) [Select]
				return $element['value'];

Please give that a try and let me know if it fixes it for you.

Reply #28

Quote from: Spuds – Don't you hate when you know you tested something to make sure it worked, and then it does not !  Darn I know I tested that, off to look at what I mussed up.
Don't worry, i'm here to remeber that to you !  ;)

But you finally won !
message_icon_ok.png

Thank you again,
philippe

Reply #29

Quote from: Spuds – Don't you hate when you know you tested something to make sure it worked, and then it does not !  Darn I know I tested that, off to look at what I mussed up.

I know something:
Quote from: radu81 – I remember about this bug, but I cannot reproduce it anymore using a clean install (1.1.6 + 1.1.7 test package installed)
O:-) O:-) 

glad it is solved now!
sorry for my bad english