Skip to main content
Topic: Favicon Issue (Read 1913 times) previous topic - next topic

Favicon Issue

I noticed, when running ElkArte, if you upload a favicon to your site, it will not stay as that image.
Reason is, the theme's index.template.php file has this:

Code: [Select]
<link rel="shortcut icon" sizes="196x196" href="' . $settings['images_url'] . '/mobile.png" />

Now, I for one, am not against supporting and promoting a forum software if using it.
However, I'm not too certain forcing the favicon to the ElkArte one, is the way to go. LOL

Could I duggest removing that line, so if people upload their own favicon to the root of their site, it will work?

Re: Favicon Issue

Reply #1

And why not just replace the png there? :P
It's not really that different from the logo, Elk is not really promoting itself, just giving a standard icon "as is", that the admin can change at will.
You may be surprised, but there is even a reason if it is done that way! :P And the reason is to provide better support for mobile devices (if you search around you'll find a couple of topics explaining this) that may take advantage from bigger images (e.g. iPhones) and give a better look to the result.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Favicon Issue

Reply #2

Ahhh... Okay.
Just, at first, it was a bit of a shock to see that an image was being used like that, from other than the root... LOL