Skip to main content
Topic: Seperate Notification For Mention And likes (Read 2335 times) previous topic - next topic

Seperate Notification For Mention And likes

I think that there should be a separate notification for both mentions and likes. Getting it at the same place is kind of confusing most times.

Personally I usually like to attend to my mention before any likes.

Can this be done?

Thanks in earnest.

Re: Seperate Notification For Mention And likes

Reply #1

When you click on the "mentions" button in the menu you then can select between all mentions, only likes, only mentions, and mentions (mentions AND likes now - yep, that's kind of confusing) only from buddies.

You ask for two menu buttons instead?

Reply #2

Yes @Jorin two menu buttons would be great. Each either for mentions Or likes.

Reply #3

I kinda like all notification in one place except for pm. A menu full of different kind of notifications is a little bit disturbing to me.

Reply #4

Most times, I want to know exactly what I'm being notified for So that I would know How urgent to reply. My likes can stay for months without me touching  please is there anyway I can separate this @ahrasis @emanuele @Burke Knight @jorin

Reply #5

Quote from: Jorin – When you click on the "mentions" button in the menu you then can select between all mentions, only likes, only mentions, and mentions (mentions AND likes now - yep, that's kind of confusing) only from buddies.
^^ This.
You just select what you want to see.
Instead, if you mean have "likes" menu with a bubble with the number of likes, then another menu entry "mentions" with a bubble with the number of "other mentions that are not likes", that would require some coding.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Jorin – When you click on the "mentions" button in the menu you then can select between all mentions, only likes, only mentions, and mentions (mentions AND likes now - yep, that's kind of confusing) only from buddies.
^^ This.
You just select what you want to see.
Instead, if you mean have "likes" menu with a bubble with the number of likes, then another menu entry "mentions" with a bubble with the number of "other mentions that are not likes", that would require some coding.

Thanks so much for this. But what code should I write? Can I make a menu/link option with their html codes? How can i enable live notifications on the menu?

Reply #7

I have to think about it, can't answer right now.... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.