Skip to main content
Topic: A better Board News block for Simple Portal (Read 14710 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A better Board News block for Simple Portal

Reply #30

If you can figure out how to disable it in particular spots, let me know, because I want to do the same on smf.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #31

In SMF if you are using HS4SMF mod from Spuds you can disable the fancybox effect into posts by using the tag alt=ns

ex:
Code: [Select]
[img alt="ns"]link_to_img[/img]
sorry for my bad english

Reply #32

No, I can't use that one because of license issues (y u do dis Spuds :( )
And even then, the problems are not images in posts with the one I am using, it's that it also parses custom titles images and sigs if I'm not mistaken ;D

Reply #33

Re: license issues: O_o there is no license issues on using software. There could be redistributing it, but knowing Spuds he used MPL (v2) that is compatible with BSD (I didn't even change the headers of ILA for Elk 1.1, just plugged in the files and written some code).

Re: fancy box... need time to check.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #34

Nope, license issues on commercial stuff, I think it's the only one mod from him that has and can't use it. I had installed it once, but when I realized it got uninstalled quickly :/

Good luck with that fancybox stuff though.

Reply #35

HS4SMF is MPL, I don't see any problem with using it for commercial purposes.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #36

This is what I have in HS4SMF:
QuoteEnable the Highslide 4 SMF Modification  Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 2.5 License. This means you must get the author's permission and a commerical license to use Highslide JS on a commercial or governmental website, web application or SaaS project.

Enabling highslide means that you are agreeing to the Highslide License terms

and this in Fancybox for elkarte

QuoteFancybox JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 3.0 License. This means you must get the author's permission and a commercial license to use Fancybox JS on a commercial website.

Enabling fancybox means that you are agreeing to the Fancybox License terms.

To support postimage lookups, this addon makes use of Ajax Cross Origin Plugin Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Now back to topic  :D
sorry for my bad english

Reply #37

Thanks, didn't feel like searching it, I'm on a very a bad period.

Reply #38

If you are using a 2 years and a half old version... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #39

Quote from: radu81 – Installed on my forum skoda, but I have some conflicts with fancybox addon :( Unable to load the requested image.
Is there a way to solve this?
any news on this? thank you
sorry for my bad english

Reply #40

Just to note, my code is all MPL based and released that way.  Highslide.js is the one with the license restriction, I just make you acknowledge that license when you install their software.   Those restrictions are why I also moved away from it and started to use fancybox for the ElkArte addon.

Not sure what the issue is on the image in the SP block, sounds like fancybox is just not initialized for some reason.

Reply #41

Quote from: Spuds – Not sure what the issue is on the image in the SP block, sounds like fancybox is just not initialized for some reason.

I would like to disable the fancybox on custom Portalblocks.subs.php that Emanuele made http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2387.msg17894#msg17894
sorry for my bad english

Reply #42

I'll take a look at FB and SP this weekend, see what I can do

Reply #43

@radu81 I think you can disable it from within the code I wrote, if you open the file and search for:
<a href="', $news['href'], '" id="link_', $attachment['id'], '">
replacing the line with:
<a href="', $news['href'], '" id="nfb_link_', $attachment['id'], '">
that should be enough and should not break anything... I hope. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #44

That did the trick, thank you very much!  8)
sorry for my bad english