Skip to main content
Topic: Remove button showing in Recent Posts Listing (Read 622 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Likes and Quickbuttons dont work

Remove button showing in Recent Posts Listing

Quote from: Steeley – Ah, so I was correct. (I said it could be anything, and as it turned out, it was..)

I didn't even notice that QR could be minimized, the up/down chevron for that is pretty faint and, since I've used my eyes intensely all my life they're pretty worn out now, so apparently I just didn't notice it..

Very good, Spuds..
Interestingly, I thought it was *something*. It seems we were both correct!

This probably isn't the correct place to mention this @Spuds . When viewing the View All Recent Posts function, the Remove button is available as though I would have moderator abilities. Or is this a different behavior than admining our own forums? 
Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:55:18 am by Spuds

Re: Re: Likes and Quickbuttons dont work

Reply #1

Quote from: badmonkey – When viewing the View All Recent Posts function, the Remove button is available as though I would have moderator abilities. Or is this a different behavior than admining our own forums?

The remove button is also to see for guests there in every post.

I tried to delete a test post of mine there as a guest a few days ago. It did not work.
But after logging in, my post was gone then.

Re: Re: Likes and Quickbuttons dont work

Reply #2

Quote from: badmonkey –
Interestingly, I thought it was *something*. It seems we were both correct!

This probably isn't the correct place to mention this @Spuds . When viewing the View All Recent Posts function, the Remove button is available as though I would have moderator abilities. Or is this a different behavior than admining our own forums?

Great Minds Think Alike, @badmonkey .

BTW, yes, the remove function is shown as you state and I do not recall if  it was there before Spuds tweaked the code for the Likes/Quickbuttons issue. If it was, I just presumed is was to remove the post from the latest post list.
Bad news - nay, it's apparently not.
Good news - thou art smited mightily if thou push it without Divine Privilege - or at least ownership.  (why your post remains in the list to this day)

Reminds me of 4th grade Catholic School. Sister Mary Elephant would leave little temptations around and thwack us with a ruler if we bit on the bait. (In case you wonder why I switched to Zen Buddhism - contrary to rumors it had nothing to do with the Monk's foxy daughter, I swear.. )

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Re: Remove button showing in Recent Posts Listing

Reply #3

I split this out ....

It should be fixed now.  All of the button code was consolidated in the controllers, previously there was all sorts of checks done in the templates which is the wrong place for that level of logic/checking.

Anyway in doing that the button was showing when it should not have been.  I  did not t work when it was not supposed to in my testing.