Skip to main content
Topic: I installed a mod and now the website will not load (Read 3586 times) previous topic - next topic

I installed a mod and now the website will not load

I tried to fix it by removing some files but it didn't work so I had to reinstall the forum. This was the Mod:

BKE-Elk Global Header and Footer
Last Update: 02 Jul 2015
Title
BKE-Elk Global Header and Footer
Summary
Global Header and footer areas for HTML
Requires
ElkArte 1.0 (+)
Category
New Feature
Author
BurkeKnight
License
BSD 3  OSI
Version

Re: I installed a mod and now the website will not load

Reply #1

I'll test it ... are you using the 1.0 or 1.1 version of ElkArte?

Reply #2

The version I'm using is 1.1.5

Reply #3

Did the forum stop working just after you have installed the addon, or by chance you added some html for the header?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Just at the point when I installed the mod is when it happened. I tried to access my site with the URL and all I got was a white page with nothing on it.

Reply #5

@Spuds my chrome mobile is warning me the search of the addons site is not ssl. What a pain in the plumbers crack... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

@Brother John the reason I ssked is because a similar problem was already reported a while ago, but on saving the settings of the addon:
https://github.com/BurkeKnight-Enterprises/BKE-Elk-Global_Header_and_Footer/issues/1
But if it happens on installing it could not be the same, unless you already installed the mod a while ago and/or had some dangling broken setting around. Maybe, just in case, it may be worth checking the settings table in the database for a variable named global_head, just in case.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – @Spuds my chrome mobile is warning me the search of the addons site is not ssl. What a pain in the plumbers crack... :-\
I'm soooo tired of SSL issues.   I had just had an issue with a user who was using an old FF version on their MAC.  So old that it did not support the A/A+ ciphers and shows an error that the site is not secure ... LOL ... seriously what a misleading error message when it was the browser in error which only supported the old (and broken) ciphers.   Now explain that to a someone using FF 48 on some old mac :(

... anyway I'm not seeing that error on my desktop.  You are talking about the search bar on the addon site?

Reply #8

I've posted a fix for that addon to make it compatible with 1.1. 

When installing a mod/addon that does not explicitly state its compatable with V1.1 then you should check here first to see if there are known issues.  Here is the update: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2720.msg39951#msg39951