Skip to main content
Topic: Some noob questions (Read 963 times) previous topic - next topic

Some noob questions

Hi! First of all, thanks for making this nice forum software.

Some questions:

1. Can attached images that are inserted in a post be without a separate attachments section in the "footer" of the post? SMF has a setting for this, but I couldn't find it in Elkarte. But when I uploaded an image to this forum it does work like this. Is it a 2.0 feature?

2. Is it possible to have an RSS feed just for new topics (or only first posts of a new topic) posted in a specific forum section (like Support)?

3. Can those up/down navigation arrows on the side be removed/disabled?

Re: Some noob questions

Reply #1

If you insert the image inline (often referred to as ILA) it will not appear under the post, I don't think there is any setting for this, its just the default behavior.

That behavior should be the same in the 1.1 line.  The 2.0 line mostly cleaned up the insert inline interface with a new icon and several other UI goodies.   Also in 2.0 the attachment functions were mostly redone but will be functionally equivalent.

The RSS functions and options are outlined here: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5973.msg42530#msg42530

Those arrows can be turned off by editing the index.css.  Just find the section that has
#gotop, #gobottom {} and add in display: none;

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – If you insert the image inline (often referred to as ILA) it will not appear under the post, I don't think there is any setting for this, its just the default behavior.

That behavior should be the same in the 1.1 line.  The 2.0 line mostly cleaned up the insert inline interface with a new icon and several other UI goodies.  Also in 2.0 the attachment functions were mostly redone but will be functionally equivalent.
Right, I figured out what the confusion was all about...
In 1.1.8, the uBlock Origin filter "Fanboy's Social" is blocking the "share" button that lets you insert the attached image inline. So I wasn't actually inserting it properly, I was doing some weird things...
If I disable that uBlock filter it works fine.

In 2.0 (this forum) uBlock doesn't block that button.

Reply #3

Ah .. thanks for letting me know about that

@tino made changes to fix a similar problem with the like button being stomped (that will be in 1.1.9 and is in 2.0).  I'll do something in 1.1.9 to also fix the share button since its not a share button at all, just what we used in the UI for insert.