Quote from: Spuds - that's caused by the email client, not the email itself
Wow Gmail's doing that? Must be an update on Gmail's part because it didn't happen in my previous Elkarte forums.
Quote from: Spuds - Well at least you know where to get it fixed then
Yeah I'll notify Google first thing in the morning lol. Thank you for your help.
I did some quick testing on this and here is what I'm seeing with registration emails sent to:
Looking at the email on the native
site (not an email client)
- Yahoo -> link is intact
- Outlook -> link is intact
- ProtonMail -> link is intact
- Gmail -> link is intact
All of the above email source have both the plain text and base64 encoded versions which is what the forum sends.
Looking at the emails with a client
, in this case the Windows 10 Mail app
- Yahoo -> link is intact, the fetched email has been converted to quoted printable
- Outlook -> link is intact, the fetched email has been converted to HTML from the plain text version
- ProtonMail -> Did not test
- Gmail -> link is broken, the fetched email has been converted to quoted printable
So it seems when the email client requests the email from Gmail, and Gmail converts it to QP encoding, something goes "wrong". As to why its a dunno at this point, I hope Sundar gives you some insite.