Skip to main content
Topic: link to calender: "save as draft" and/or "post" (Read 2085 times) previous topic - next topic

link to calender: "save as draft" and/or "post"

I think I found something weird.

In all editor windows (start a new theme, answer in one, edit a post, quote another post) I have the two buttons "Schreiben" (which is "post") and "Speichern" (which is "save as draft"). But: If I change a post and add a link to the calendar, the editor has the two buttons "Speichern" and "Speichern". Where's "Schreiben"?

Do you understand what I mean?  :-[

Re: link to calender: "save as draft" and/or "post"

Reply #1

I tried with here clicking on "link to calendar", I see "save", "preview" and "save drafts".

Looks like a conflict somewhere in the translation?
At the moment I can't check the sources, just guessing, so I may be wrong.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I think you're right. How can I check which lines in the language files I have to edit? I checked all I found with "Speichern" and I think at this point you maybe use the wrong code and use a wrong language string.

Reply #3

Hmm... the only two strings I see assigned to the editor seem $txt['save'] and $txt['post'].
The files you are using are those from transifex or did you do some more changes?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

As you know I use my own files. I made so many corrections of the translation I think the files at Transifex are sooo outdated.  :D

Let me show you what I have.

index.german.php:
Code: [Select]
$txt['save'] = 'Speichern';
$txt['post'] = 'Schreiben';

Drafts.german.php:
Code: [Select]
$txt['draft_save'] = 'Speichern';

That's all. And that's why I thought maybe the source file is using the wrong string, "save" instead of "post".

Reply #5

It is using save on purpose.

Elk uses "Save" any time you are modifying the message, and "Post" when you are posting a new one. ;)
So, if you edit a message you see "Save" as well, not "Post".

I'm not sure why you have used the same word for "save" and "save draft", the two have different meanings.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Ah! That's the idea behind it! The edit to add the link to the calendar is a simple change of the post. No new publish, only an edit, so we are saving the changes (the link) and we are not posting the post! Ah!  :o :D

So the only way to fix this is to change "Speichern" (save as draft) to "Entwurf speichern". That's not so smooth but okay for me. I will change it.  :-[

Reply #7

Or otherwise instead of "save" use "modify" or something like that...
Other options?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.