Skip to main content
Topic: Feelings (Read 3653 times) previous topic - next topic

Feelings

I came up on this:

Quote from: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=531449.msg3796252#msg3796252Thank you mods are out of meta IMO, more interactive mods are required, you need to express your feeling in different way when things come to that "thanks/like/dislike" meta. Yes forums are for posting what you feel/think but lets not compare that with that. So excluding core's like mod, I rather like to see like/funny/informative/...etc not sure if current system in SMF 2.1 (like feature) allows adding new "feelings" to that but.

...and I thought: Yep, a good idea! But let's stay with three or four "feelings", not more. What do you think?

Re: Feelings

Reply #1

I am feeling meh....

Reply #2

I could mark your post as "funny", if I could.  :D

Reply #3

Honestly, that's what smileys are for.  The Like thing is ok.  It affirms a positive sentiment or reinforcement to the author's post.  Any other emotion truly should be explained with words.  JMHO.  ;)

Reply #4

I did a system for SMF http://www.smfhacks.com/awesomepostratings.php  I could port it to Elkarte if there is interest.
I do find it does add some interaction to posts from some people who just want to leave feedback quickly without a post about it.

Reply #5

I'm sure a post rating would be a successful addon, for xenforo is one of the most used addon and is paid. I don't use it on xf, it's not on my "must have" list of add-ons 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Yeah I saw it on xenforo myself then decided to make one.

Reply #7

I personally do not believe in likes, let alone feelings (or reactions or whatever they are called) [1]

But of course that's my personal opinion.
I'm well aware admins may want them, and I'm not against. I just don't find them useful. :)
Do note that facebook likes, google plus +1 and other stuff like that, works because 1) there is actually a chain of events connected to the "like" (not only the only liked see it, but friends and other people will eventually see the "something" liked), and 2) the likes are not only self-referential, all around the web you see the "fb like button" that you can click and send that info to your friends/circle/connections/etc.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Quote from: vbgamer45 – I did a system for SMF http://www.smfhacks.com/awesomepostratings.php  I could port it to Elkarte if there is interest.

I am interested too. Is there chance you create a statistics page for posts with feelings? Like the ten most funny posts, the user which most loves posts, etc?

Reply #10

Yeah I can do that.. Will do some tests and see how hard it will be to move it over.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – I personally do not believe in likes, let alone feelings (or reactions or whatever they are called) [1]

But of course that's my personal opinion.
I'm well aware admins may want them, and I'm not against. I just don't find them useful. :)
So are you saying you think it would be a good feature to notify members when someone on their buddy list likes a post ?
Do note that facebook likes, google plus +1 and other stuff like that, works because 1) there is actually a chain of events connected to the "like" (not only the only liked see it, but friends and other people will eventually see the "something" liked), and 2) the likes are not only self-referential, all around the web you see the "fb like button" that you can click and send that info to your friends/circle/connections/etc.

Reply #12

Quote from: Spuds – So are you saying you think it would be a good feature to notify members when someone on their buddy list likes a post ?
Well, I would find it annoying, but I guess someone may be interested. :P
Or maybe, the day we decide to merge SP in to the core ( O:-) ) have a sidebar with a "recent activity" and a "stream" of posts liked by buddies, trending topics (like suggested a while ago by @Joshua Dickerson ) and that kind of stuff.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.