Skip to main content
Topic: Inmail shut down for security? (Read 1220 times) previous topic - next topic

Inmail shut down for security?

Was that you folks? I just tried to create a new user and got that popup or something like it?

Rick

PS here it is

An Error Has Occurred
mail() has been disabled for security reasons

Re: Inmail shut down for security?

Reply #1

Quote from: Hometutor – Was that you folks? I just tried to create a new user and got that popup or something like it?

Rick

PS here it is

An Error Has Occurred
mail() has been disabled for security reasons

Something's goofy - I just tried to create a new user, then when I tried to log in, it said I needed to authorize (didn't realize email auth was enabled - no clue until I tried to log in), no email authorization link was sent so I requested another.. and again, nothing received - no joy.

Never mind, it was apparently me.. I tried again and this time I got the auth notice and the auth email..
 Let me introduce you to my inner child "Mort"..

Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 12:37:43 am by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #3

Apologies folks,

My hosting site did it.

Reply #4

It would be helpful if you provide more detail in your questions...

"I just tried to create a new user and got that popup or something like it.."

Who, What, Where, When, are important.. why often adds context if it's not obvious..

You got "who" ( "I just tried.."), and "what" ("create a new user"),  and ""when" (apparently during the process of creating a new user), but where (You asking if it was "us folks" implied this website, but no..). If you had specified where you were trying to create the new user (your own server) would have elicited a more accurate response - I recognized the mail() routine error as a server response, just didn't know what server you were referring to.

Your subsequent question regarding SMTP "client" is also scarce on specifics that helps cut to the chase, and leaves us trying to imagine what exactly you're trying to do that generated your question. I answered the question you asked, but I'm not sure it addresses the problem that gave rise to the question in the first place..  context is really helpful..

context2.jpg  

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //