Skip to main content
Topic: redirect page after saving or posting (Read 2212 times) previous topic - next topic

redirect page after saving or posting

I just installed this and I love it. But I've got a problem. I've searched the forums here and can't find the answer to this:

When I save something in admin mode--for instance I install or uninstall something--or when anyone posts a message, we are taken to this page that says it will redirect us in 15 seconds. It's irritating and I can't get rid of it. I went through all my packages, one by one, and uninstalled. None of them are causing this as far as I can tell. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: redirect page after saving or posting

Reply #1

Hi sally and welcome around here.
Glad you like it! :)

Regarding your problem, I'm pretty sure it is caused by:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2258.0
that apparently is misbehaving for some reason... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Welcome @sally

Reply #3

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for answering. I searched the forum here and came across the thread about the "redirect to external website" addon. I don't have that in my list of addons in my "manage packages" page. And I went into my files and looked for any php files that sais "redirect" and I couldn't find any. Then I uninstalled each addon and nothing took that redirect page away. I am fairly sure it wasn't there out of the box, though. I don't remember it when I first installed the forum. So I must have done something when I was playing with all the settings.

Reply #4

Welcome to ElkArte !

That's pretty strange, we don't have anything that looks like that as part of the core product.

Could you look in your sources directory and see if there is a file named "Redirect.integrate.php" ... I just want to rule out that its not the above addon since the message you show in your post is just what that addon displays.

Did you get your copy of ElkArte from the download link on the home page?

Reply #5

Another possibility is that you may have deleted the package instead of uninstalling.

A couple of things to sort this out:
1) go to the "installed packages" list and see if the name is there,
2) try downloading again the addon package
Code: [Select]
https://github.com/emanuele45/Redirect-to-external/releases/download/v0.0.1/Redirect-to-ext_0-0-1.tar.gz
and upload it to the packages directory (if you use the admin panel you have just to download it). Then go back to the list of packages and see if it is shown as installed or not.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Thank you! I found that Redirect.integrate.php file in my source directory and deleted it. And the page is gone. I had searched for it, but didn't look in the right place, apparently. Thanks so much for the help!