Skip to main content
Topic: Need some help on these issues. (Read 3264 times) previous topic - next topic

Need some help on these issues.

1) We made few posts in the forum but the post count is not updating. Likes count gets updated.

post count.png

2) The notification alert works only on PC , can i enable for Mobile version as well?

3) Every time user needs to open the notifications menu to see what the notifications is about. Can we add a popup to show what the alert is.
Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 02:09:36 pm by Jason

Re: Need some help on these issues.

Reply #1

Quote from: Jason – 1) We made few posts in the forum but the post count is not updating. Likes count gets updated.
Is the board set to count posts?

Quote from: Jason – 2) The notification alert works only on PC , can i enable for Mobile version as well?
I guess you are talking about "desktop notifications", right?
There is no reason for them to work on desktop and not on mobile (except maybe if you are using opera or similar browsers that very frequently do some aggressive caching to reduce data usage and end up with features not working).
Alternatively, maybe have you disabled them on your device?

Quote from: Jason – 3) Every time user needs to open the notifications menu to see what the notifications is about. Can we add a popup to show what the alert is.
I think I wrote an addon a while ago, not sure where it is and if it still work with 1.1...
I'll try to look for it, but maybe someone else will find it before me. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Is the board set to count posts?

Found that and i fixed it, Thanks!

I guess you are talking about "desktop notifications", right?

The notification count of likes and replies are seen in the forum while accessing from PC not from mobile.

I think I wrote an addon a while ago, not sure where it is and if it still work with 1.1...

I try and see if i can find the addon.

Reply #3

Quote from: Jason – The notification count of likes and replies are seen in the forum while accessing from PC not from mobile.
Do you mean the bubble with the number next to the menu entry?
Next time a screenshot is probably faster to explain. ;)
Anyway, this is possible, but I think it requires some edits to the template, because at the moment is bound to the menu "name" that is hidden to gain some space.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

So any template in specific and should the change be made in Lazy Day theme file?

Reply #5

hmm... it needs something more than just template editing.
I wonder why we kept the number locked in the function that builds the menu joining it with the menu title rather than having it out in the template. :-\
I have to look at it more carefully.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Oh then i will wait for your update then, i couldn't find the addon you said for notification.

Reply #7

Can anyone help me with disabling auto subscription of post by email. I have tried all settings, but for every reply or like i get email notification which i want to disable.

Reply #8

I don't remember any such a thing as auto-subscription.
But since you mentioned likes, it may be in your profile, under notifications.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Quote from: Jason – Can anyone help me with disabling auto subscription of post by email.

it's in ACP > Configuration > Theme management > Member option > Turn topic notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
From default should be disabled.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #10

Quote from: radu81 –
Quote from: Jason – Can anyone help me with disabling auto subscription of post by email.

it's in ACP > Configuration > Theme management > Member option > Turn topic notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
From default should be disabled.

I have followed your advice, let me watch the issue for few days and report back.

Reply #11

Note that you will still receive email notifications for older topics where you posted and subscribed. It's not a bug, it works as designed, many forums are working in this way including xf which you already used.
If you want to disable email notifications for older topics you need to go to your profile -> Notifications -> scroll down to "Current Topic Notifications" and there you need to select the topics and click "Unnotify". You can do it on your own profile and also on members profiles.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

Yes i have used the unnotify to disable the notification for the topic i followed.

Reply #13

Thank you the notification email has stopped and only thing remaining is the notification popup message like we see in xenforo