Skip to main content
Topic: Little misalignment in MessageIndex with long subjects (Read 1721 times) previous topic - next topic

Little misalignment in MessageIndex with long subjects

See the attachment: if the subject is too long it looks like the space above the subject is more than it should be.
It is not the "locked" neither the "moved" notice, because in other cases where the subject is shorter the page looks good.

Actually, it is the "locked_row" class and the relative icon in combination with the long subject.
The icon is a :before floated right.
Removing the display:inline-block on .topic_name h4 { seems to fix the issue, but I'm not entirely sure of the consequences. I can't see anything wrong at a quick glance.
Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:18:53 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Little misalignment in MessageIndex with long subjects

Reply #1

Well that's interesting.  That h4 is not floated so removing the inline should not cause a problem, h4 is a block element so the only difference between that and inline would be the break after it .. so you are adding that back which seems to push it back up.  Also playing with the word break seems to move it as well so maybe some interaction with all of that.

Reply #2

hmm...
I didn't test it, but reading your answer it makes me think the "reason" could be the space/tabs/new line between the various tags in that area (so that the ha is pushed behind the floated because of the inline-block)... duuuuunno.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Don't know either, but it works !