Skip to main content
Topic: [1.1.3] Don't know how to describe... (Read 2813 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.1.3] Don't know how to describe...

...but it seems with the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1.3 I have some older bugs back.

For example my IE I have to use at the office don't shows thumbnail images. Instead he shows a little icon with the word "asd" at it.

Then when I mark a text, click the button to insert a link and fill out the form, the link bbc is posted on the beginning of the post, not at my cursor position.

It seems my lists of unread posts and replies are still buggy. No one understands them anymore, me included. I try to explain my users what they do, but they react to silly (the lists, not my users!), no chance to describe what's happening at the moment with them. Or did they change with the upgrade in their meaning?

It seems "new posts" shows all new posts since the last logout. "New replies" seems to show all new replies to my own posts of all time, no matter when I logged out and back in, right? That's a new difference between the two lists. Can you confirm that please?

Is there a list of all topics, not posts? I tried anything, but no URL works?

I am not very happy with the upgrade at the moment, sorry.  :(

Re: [1.1.3] Don't know how to describe...

Reply #1

Quote from: Jorin – For example my IE I have to use at the office don't shows thumbnail images. Instead he shows a little icon with the word "asd" at it.

I noticed the "asd" word instead of thumbnails when loading the page with Firefox, just for one second or less, then thumnails are loading. I'm not sure, but IIRC it happens with inline images.

Quote from: Jorin – It seems my lists of unread posts and replies are still buggy. No one understands them anymore, me included.

There was a bug in 1.1.3, but seems solved now with 1.1.4. I opened a similar topic, my unread replies were working only for a topic I opened (the first topic I posted after the update).

Quote from: Jorin – I am not very happy with the upgrade at the moment, sorry.  :(

Sorry to hear this, it was also my impression, but consider that 1.1.4 will solve a lot of bugs and will be released soon.

I kept a copy of my forum on a test vps for 4-5 months just to test the behaviour of 1.1 version. I used it together with my moderators and apparently everything seemed working fine, but the problems popped up after the update of my live forum. After this I understood it's difficult if not impossible to test all the functionalities in a forum software. Fortunately bugs here are solved quickly ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Quote from: radu81 – I'm not sure, but IIRC it happens with inline images.

Yes, it was/is an inline image.

Quote from: radu81 – Fortunately bugs here are solved quickly ;)

The most are, yes. Thanks to the little team!  :)

Reply #3

Quote from: Jorin – For example my IE I have to use at the office don't shows thumbnail images. Instead he shows a little icon with the word "asd" at it.
1) with IE only?
2) does it happen on this website as well or only on yours?
3) from your work network only or also from home? (With the same IE you use at work.)
If it is IE only, it may have something to do with the content disposition or some other header that IE wants specifically.

Quote from: Jorin – Then when I mark a text, click the button to insert a link and fill out the form, the link bbc is posted on the beginning of the post, not at my cursor position.
1) with IE only?
2) does it happen on this website as well or only on yours?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

1) Yes, with IE only. Chrome shows the image.
2) Only on my site.  :o  Here's everything okay: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5307.0
3) I have to test that later. Here at my office it is IE 11. At home... I have to install one first.  ;)

1) Yes, with IE only.
2) Happens here too. On both sites.

Reply #5

For thumbnails: it happens also on my forum using Firefox, with Chrome seems fine (have a look here skodaclub.it/index.php?topic=6519.msg161588#msg161588 )
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

https://i.imgur.com/Aa42sc3.png

Firefox on the left, chrome on the right.
headscratch

Quote from: Jorin – 1) Yes, with IE only. Chrome shows the image.
2) Only on my site.  :o  Here's everything okay: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5307.0
3) I have to test that later. Here at my office it is IE 11. At home... I have to install one first.  ;)
Likely fixed in 1.1.4 then.
to test when released.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: radu81 – For thumbnails: it happens also on my forum using Firefox, with Chrome seems fine (have a look here skodaclub.it/index.php?topic=6519.msg161588#msg161588 )

Looks like this when I visit this link with my IE11.

Reply #8

I guess this is another one that will be fixed with 1.1.4.
Your site @radu81 is sending an "attachment" content disposition, while here is inline.

P.S.
@Jorin when you post an example, better post it in a board that is open. ;)
This is another one:
https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5310.0
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Okay, I lay all my hopes in 1.1.4!  :D