Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #345

Spuds do you have any knowledge of what is going on with simpelportal site? Do they need help with hosting I can provide that if needed.

Reply #346

I just want to install the SimplePortal under ElkArte v1.1. Unfortunately not yet compatible and the Issues page in the Addon directory still not available.

Reply #347

Spuds is working on the new version of Simple Portal which will be compatible with Elkarte 1.1 version. We need to be patient  ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #348

Quote from: vbgamer45 – Spuds do you have any knowledge of what is going on with simpelportal site? Do they need help with hosting I can provide that if needed.
Unfortunately I have no direct knowledge of what is occurring.  At one point a server change / software update was made (w/o some human error on recent backups) and lost some amount of data.  After that the site came back with an old DB but was alive. 

Now all I know is "Unable to get valid NS records from simpleportal.net nameservers" which means (AFAIK) there is no NS record for simpleportal on the nameserver that the simpleportal record is pointing to (legendofdevira.net)
Quote from: radu81 – Spuds is working on the new version of Simple Portal which will be compatible with Elkarte 1.1 version. We need to be patient  ;)
This .. I'm trying to catch up as best I can.

Reply #349

Just wanted to report that progress has been made for SP and ElkArte 1.1 :D ... thanks to the help from @live627 and @emanuele !

I believe I have most things working now,  the effort is in the development branch on GitHub https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/tree/development

One thing to note, this REQUIRES ElkArte 1.1.1, there are a couple of issues getting everything running on 1.1.0 so no portal for that :(  Yes I could make it work, but then I'm left with a one off version so not gonna do it,  So once 1.1.1 is buttoned up, I'll get this finalized and released.  If you wanted to test, you would need to get the branch of ElkArte from the 1.1.1 patch branch and then install the portal on that.

Reply #350

Good idea to concentrate on 1.1 version ;) I am looking forward to test it. Thanks Spuds!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #351

@Spuds‍ I installed a clean version of elkarte 1.1.1 from here https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/tree/patch_1-1-1 , downloaded the package of SP from link above, I installed SP, but there is no "Simple Portal" menu on ACP.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #352

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.  Was busy getting it to run but never went back and tried a clean install  O:-)

Reply #353

Argh ... I forgot that there is still a needed "fix" for 1.1.1 that is not yet in that branch.  It has to do with how SSI is loaded, so right now now SSI, no Portal ... There are a couple of directions we can take, and once that is settled and committed to the 1.1.1 patch branch then you will be able test.  Sorry for the confusion  :(

Reply #354

I see sp net now has the maintenance page up, seems like someone is doing some work to bring it back to life.

Reply #355

Great news!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #356

Great!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #357

I did 2 tests, using the development files linked above:

1) clean install Elkarte 1.1.1, no errors during install, but in the homepage of my portal I get this:
index-clean-install.png
2) a 1.0.x version of my forum upgraded to elkarte 1.1.1, the addon installs fine, it keeps the old pages and the old blocks from Sportal, but in the homepage:
index.png
sorry for my bad english

Reply #358

Thanks, been down with da flu or some such crud, have not had a chance to look into this just yet.   The blank homepage is just a visibility conversion issue, probably would just need to review your blocks and viability profiles.  The update tries its best to convert things over but its a bit of a guess to get it right.

Reply #359

It was my fault @Spuds‍ I had 2 Simple Ads blocks enabled, but I did not have the addon installed, disabled that blocks seems to work fine. I still have some problems, but first I need to do more tests, I will let you know.

== edit ==
For now seems to work fine. If you upgraded from Elkarte 1.0.x and Simple Portal, I suggest to disable all existing blocks, and enable them one by one.

The only thing I can report by now, is that the [cutoff] tag is displayed on topic view. The tag "cuts" correctly the text in the board news block.
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:16:57 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english